We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

Hi - we are visiting WDW with our 2 year old. We are staying at Sheraton Vistana on Vistana Drive. We arrive later Tuesday and leave sunday, so we have Wed thru Saturday. We are planning on getting a nap in for him most days (1pm-3pm) and not staying up until 10 every night! He is litle and more then likely won't remember so we want it to be enjoyable and not us trying to put everything in everyday. We liked a suggestion from someone to have a relaxing day or (afternoon) in the schedule as well...

The parks we are visiting (well my plans anyway):

Magic Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Hollywood Studio

My first questions.....do you think we can combine ANimal Kingdom and Hollywood into one day? How long does anyone think we should plan at each park with a 2 year old? I am thinking he may not love the rides because he doesnt even get in the mall coin car things!! :)

MEALS:

I have scheduled the following meal/shows:

Tusker House

Hollywood & Vine

I want to add Crystal Palance

I have the fireworks show but someone told me to skip that and get a good seat for the light parade and see fireworks from there....thoughts???

For the rest of our meals, i know everything says reservation, but can we walk in to non-character restaurants? Also - if we bring lunches in, is there somewhere we can sit and eat?

Transportation:

We are flying and were going to take a cab to and from the park. I was told by resort the cab fare would be about it$20 each way and that is CONSIDERABLY cheaper then renting a car for a week. I also saw ona post that all cabs carry car seats so that shouldnt be a problem...

Questions - does ab fare seem accurate? Are cabs easy to come by?

Accomodations:

Like I mentioned, we are staying at Sheraton Vistanta on Vistana drive. The hotel person sas it was 3 miles to magic kingdom...can we stroller it? Or is it not sidewalk/stroller friendly?

OK thanks for any help on any of the questions! I know that i have a lot! I am just worried that I havent planned this out enough!!

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,979 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant
3,245 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

Parade and Fireworks - pick out a spot along Main Street at least a half hour prior and enjoy both. Get yourselves a little snack to keep you all busy.

There are tons of Counter service restaurants that don't require reservations. Any Table Service Restaurants you might want to try might be full and or you will have quite a wait as a Walk In

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

You can not walk to the Magic Kingdom from anywhere. Your Hotel "might " be 3 miles to the edge of Disney Property but it is not close to the Magic Kingdom itself. Disney Property is 47 square miles. You must arrive by car, taxi or shuttle and first go to the Ticket and transportation Center, the Magic Kingdom Parkinglot. From there you take either the Ferry Boat or the Monorail to get to the Entrance of the Magic Kingdom.

Each Park will be a different distance from your Hotel. Use the Taxi Fare Estimator to have a better idea of those Costs. Taxi service is available from and to all the Parks. You might want to rethink renting a car once you add it all up

If you hope to go to TWO Parks in one day, you will Need the Park Hopper Option on your ticket. What type of ticket do you currently have and or do you plan to get ?

What are your travel dates exactly ?

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,979 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

All cabs have car seats? That sounds too good to be true. Where did you read that?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

we arrive at 7:30pm on 3/24 and leave on 3/29 at 2pm.

I need to find where I read that about car seats....maybe the book I have...hmmm...that will not be good if they dont have them.

I looked at rental car and it was going to cost $300...hmm maybe that is worth it!!!!

Thanks for answering that question!

As for park passes...i havent bought them yet.

pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

Reliable, prices include tax, free shipping available

www.undercovertourist.com

Not much of a discount on a 3 day but a little bit

I would just get the Base Magic Your Way 3 Day ticket. You can add the Hopper Option once there ( same flat fee of $55 per ticket ) if you think you are up for hopping and it is within your budget

Your little one of course is free, no ticket required

I am not aware of "all" taxis having car seats, best check into that further ( We haven't need one for a while so won't even guess about that )

Recomended Taxi service

www.mearstransportation.com

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

Yes I think we are going to go ahead and rent the car. We have a AAA membership and apparently they have some closer lots??? Same price so nothing to lose.

pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

You will feel less stressed with a car rental

Check for any specials at

www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

Maine
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

You can get a better deal than $300 for a car.

If you use Budget code D454301 then you can get an intermediate SUV for

$195 incl tax/fees.

8. Re: Leaving in 3 weeks! last minute questions...kinda long!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:41