We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Hi - staying at Old Key West in October. I've never eaten Chinese food in Orlando...are there any good restaurants near Disney? Looking for off-site because I'd love to find a good independent place.

We're blessed with very good Chinese food here in Manchester so - unless it's great - we can always wait until we get home.

Anywhere near Crossroads would be great as that's our closest off-site area for dining.

Thanks.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

My advice-wait until you get home. Orlando doesn't have much in the way of even passable Chinese food. Ming Court is okay but not worth a detour.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,084 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Wait until you get home!!!

Nothing around where you are compares with China town in Manchester

PF Changs is OK for a chain and Ming Court is alright but not great

Edited: 05 April 2012, 20:58
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Not the answer I wanted!

I've had Indian food in Orlando (and Miami) over the years/visits and it was terrible - truly terrible - but I've had good Chinese food in NYC and was hoping that I might be pleasantly surprised in Florida.

Thanks anyway.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Not a chance, IMO, the Chinese food in Orlando is just as dire as the Indian food, although having said that, I do quite like the noodles you get in the mall food courts, but that's it!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,084 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Big Chinese community in NYC not so much in Orlando I suppose

Best cripsy duck ever in Little Yang Sing Manchester, I had my hen party there!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Disagree with previous comments. The Ming Court can be excellent, and isn't so different from any Chinese food I have had in the UK (outside of Chinatown London).

Better than ordinary and it is actually a lovely restuarant.

Last time we were in there was a fairly large contingent of oriental customers which I always consider a good sign.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Little Yang SIng is fantastic! If only I could find somewhere like that!

I definitely get that NYC has a large Chinese community. I just wish that one of those good people would get themselves down to Orlando to bring a bit of authentic Chinese goodness to central Florida.

I guess the Cuban-Chinese food I've had in NYC is out of the question???

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,084 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

Ming Court is the best of a bad bunch if you really want to eat Chinese but it lacks the atmosphere and taste of authentic Chinese in my opinion of course

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

There is a few decent Chinese takeaways and ming court is alright and Panda Express is a decent meal but i wouldn't shout out from the rooftops. The only decent Indian has shut down in clermont/kissimmee not exactly sure where it was but it was a good meal. What Americans do best is burgers and steak and also a good food court for a quick meal nothing fancy but a good meal for a good price.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Chinese restaurant off-site Disney???

We stay just near you at Saratoga springs and usually get a delivery from China 1 2 or 3 and that's always been really good, might want to consider a delivery option?