We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

We've booked one night at HRH for the early entry to WWOHP and the Express Plus benefits for 2 adults and 3 children.

Our hotel is in Lake Buena Vista and there are actually 3 adults and 3 children in our party so one person will stay in our 'regular' hotel in LBV.

My 77 year old mom is the 3rd adult but as she doesn't rise early, like Harry Potter or go on any rides at all it would have a ton of money wasted booking an extra room - however, here's my problem. I would like to check in as me & dh but have my mom stay instead.

My husband is the only driver so he will have to come out of the park, drive to LBV, collect my mother and bring her back to the park. It would be much easier if my husband was the one to stay in the LBV hotel and just drive across in the morning to meet us before early entry, then my mom could have a lie in and meet us later in the park.

I don't want to scam anything - it's just that this would make things a whole lot easier for us. We won't be trying to get an additional person in the room, sneak anyone in for early entry or share Express+ tickets.

Do you envisage any problems that we might encounter? We were hoping to use the pool in the afternoon - again my mom doesn't swim (doesn't do much does she - but she's great at holding bags!) but it would be nice if she could join us around the pool side for a bite to eat. Again, are we likely to run into any problems - will they notice that a 77 year old has gatecrashed the poolside?

I don't know if this makes sense but I know what I'm trying to say :)

Please offer some advice

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

But when are You going isn´t the Universal hotels starting with some photo on their resort guests soon ? Thought I read it some where ?

My son got kicked out of the swimming pool at Pasific when we stayed there without a towel , we had just gone up to the room and forgot to leave it with him

Mutter

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

The new system for Photo pass key cards is supposed to start next month. This is the article about it which also shows pictures of the new photo kiosks:-

orlandoinformer.com/2012/…

Hope this helps with your planning.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

...it's a family resort. They aren't going to kick out grandma:) She can be visiting them at the resort.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

..one more thought, does your mom want to stay at the other resort? It might give her a break. Just a thought..

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

Thanks kissmickey,Mythos sounds really nice so will try and go for that. Will also book direct with HRH ,your upgrade sounded great and so does the pool and movies etc etc !! I know my kids wouldn't want to leave all that too !They'll probably have to kick us out ! :)

Level Contributor
2,782 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

On the boat to the resort we waited for the boat and then had to wait on the boat. It was honestly much quicker for us to walk to both parks. We found then we are in control not waiting for the boat and then waiting to leave on the boat. Not bad on the way home but when you are in a hurry in the AM I would honstly walk.

As for the ButterBeer go for the frozen. It is the best and we are all missing it now!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

:) I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the Hard Rock!! Loved it! Chitownbigcit...I told my family the boats were too slow. At 6:40 am and never being to Universal....my kids were jogging/skipping and the boats passed us. Maybe they were slow the day you visited. After a day at the park it was so nice sitting on the boat back to the Hard Rock. We did have to wait for a boat to come back..maybe 5 minutes. We were there the week before easter/one of the busy times. Awesome time!

My kids loved the butterbeer!! I again heard some don't love it, so for any first timers...buy one for everyone to taste before you get one for everyone. Yes, the frozen was yummy!

18. Re: Check-in details at Hard Rock Hotel - advice please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:17