We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked.few questions

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
just booked.few questions

This will b my 3rd time in orlando so looking to do afew different things. Going for 10 days in sept .was thinking about flying to miami for 2 days, would this b recommended? Also never been to disney .wat park would be most suitable for us.we are a couple in our early 30s .

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked.few questions

If you've never been to Disney before then that's your 10 days sorted. All of Disney is worth a visit once and all four parks will have something to interest you. My personal favourite is Epcot. I love the World Showcase that said there is nothing like the feeling of walking down Main St, USA and seeing Cinderella's Castle so I would also advocate a visit to the Magic Kingdom. I would skip Miami on this trip.

Gx

Edited: 06 April 2012, 20:23
Coatbridge, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked.few questions

Regarding Miami I can't help you as have no clue!

Which park really depends exactly what you are into and what your looking to get from the experience? I love love love EPCOT, it's got a perfect mix of thrill rides and educational experiences. Add to that the World Showcase and you will have an awesome day.

Animal Kingdom is really nice too but get there super early so you can do the Safari when it's cooler so you see more animals, there is some great shows there and the thrill rides that are there are good too.

Disney itself is very kid orientated but if your a kid at heart you may love it. Its worth going at least to see the Wishes fireworks at night.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked.few questions

To b honest disney does not appeal too much for the 10 days. i wud rather go der wen der is some kiddies with us but as i havent been to disney b4 i would like to give 1 or 2 of the parks a try so wud like to no which of the parks are most suitable 4 adults. gonna take a trip to downtown disney one of d evenings. is miami not worth the trip?

Bolton
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked.few questions

3 times and never been to Disney? Gotta be kiddin me?I bet you are 1 in a million who's visited orlando 3 times and never been to disney or did you mean never been to their water parks?

If you have a nice pool at your resort with a lazy river , i say forget the waterpark and enjoy the day at your resort or take that money for the waterpark and stay at a nicer resort with a nice pool area.

Now if you never visited Disney , well you truely have missed out as their 4 parks are one of a kind and worth a visit at least once each.They are not totally geared to just kids, many adults love Disney and don't have kids with them. many attractions/shows/to see besides just thrill rides.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked.few questions

It's a 4 hour drive from Miami to Disney. You'd need to take the turnpike up so add in turnpike tolls, gas and the rental car cost. If you think it's worth it after all that because you really want to see Miami for a couple of days then go for it!

Bolton
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked.few questions

BTW miami is at least 4 hours south of Orlando, There is a lot more to see and do around Orlando and thats why it's #1 tourist place in USA, short 1 hr drive to ocean on east side and 1 1/2 hr drive to west side beaches for example.

If this 3rd trip then i'm sure you been a few places already?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just booked.few questions

If goin to miami we wud be flying. last yr we did the universal parks, seaworld, aquatica and wet n wild. didnt get to disney because we wer just there for the wk and vegas for the 2nd wk

. def gonna do epcot this yr and mayb animal kingdom

Bolton
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just booked.few questions

You have 10 days. i recommend each disney park for a day=4 days leaves you 6 days left to do whatever. If flying into miami then stay first 4 nights there , drive to orlando and fly back home from Orlando.Or do orlando inbound out Miami back home . cheap 1 way car rentals available.

No reason you can't do both?

Edited: 06 April 2012, 21:34
9. Re: just booked.few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:40