We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscan Hills Orlando

Bradford, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tuscan Hills Orlando

Hi, I have booked the holiday of a lifetime for myself, hubby and our 3 young children departing August 2012.

I welcome any advice or information anyone can give as I have been informed that the Villa is further from Disneyland than the 15 minutes advertised in the brochure and looking at Google earth, it does appear that 'Tuscan Hills' Davenport is 10 minutes to just get to the main road and a further 20 minutes to reach the car park at 'The Magic Kingdom'.

Can anyone confirm the actual time/distance for me please and give me any tips or advice for our trip as I am starting to stress about travelling with 3 kiddies 5 and under !

Many thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

It's about 10 miles from the entrance of the Tuscan Hills development on hwy 27 to the Disney parking lot so your time estimate is about right.

If there's a lot of traffic on hwy 192 you might make better time by taking Funie Steed Rd which come out on 192 much closer to World Drive. Or you can take Sherbeth Rd to Osceola Pkwy.

See if you can get a road map of the area when you get here.

Edited: 08 April 2012, 02:50
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,133 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

The community is about 20 mins from the Disney Parks

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
218 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

It's a lovely community to, we stayed there 3 years ago and we used to take the side road, which has a school on it which was quicker and we hardly ever saw any traffic on that road (although I could not tell you what the road was called but we used tomturn right out of the estate). It used to take us Bout 20 minutes. We now stay at the estate opposite which is Highgate Park @ Legacy Park. Have a great holiday, we said back in 2005 it was our holiday of a lifetime and we have returned every year since.

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

Tuscan Hills will take you abut 15 mins toi AK and 20ish to MK -not a big deal really when you can wait much longer onsite for a bus to take you anywhere.

You tutn right out of TH and follow Florence Villa Grove Road to the cross roads where you turn left.This is Westside Boulevard and will take you to hwy 192.Turn right here and thenturn left at the junction with Sherberth road .At the end of this road turn right and you are on Osceola Parkway where all of the Disney parks are signposted.

Unfortunately as far as I knw Funie Steed is not open at the west end so you cannot use this road.

If you would like a map of the are inbox me with your e mail

Bradford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

Thankyou all so much for your replies. I now have a much better idea of distance/times etc to MK and AK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

Tuscan Hills is lovely, I stayed near there and it took about 20 min to Disney and 25 min to Universal.

7. Re: Tuscan Hills Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:42