We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

Montville, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

Looking for nice accommodations, proximity/convenience, great family vaca. 1st time Disney visitors. From NYC/westchester/north jersey. Thx in advance for your responses!

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

For a first visit, I highly recomend staying at a Disney Resort. It makes the holiday very Stressfree

There are many Resorts to chose from, all have perks and free transport, even from and back to the Airport ( MCO )

here are some videos to help you chose the one that is most appealing

http://allears.net/acc/resortvids.htm

What are your exact travel dates ? There are some nice Offers right now so we can steer you in the right direction to take advantage of them

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

I'd definately recommend Disney's Pop century resort! Absolutely fabulous!

All the transport is free - comes to the resort on a regular basis, 3 pools to choose from, all the "time themed" rooms are within close walking distance to the main section Pop century - I would recommend the 50s or 70s. The staff there were so friendly and helpful aswell, they were fabulous with my little brother who has special needs. It's a value hotel, but it has life and soul in the place - only trouble we had was controlling the air con in our room - we are from the UK so not used to air con therefore didn't know how to use it!

Hope this helps! Have a magical time wherever you go!

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

Disney has three levels of resorts: Value, Moderate and Deluxe.

Value resorts, the least expensive, are built in the physical style of motels, with exterior corridors. The rooms are 260 sq. ft. and have double (full-size) beds. There is an on-site food court.

Moderate resorts are the middle-ground, as the name suggests. They, too, are build in the physical style of motels, but have substantial upgrades compared with the Value resorts. The rooms are 314 sq. ft. (340 sq. ft. at Caribbean Beach Resort) and have queen-size beds (except at CBR, which still has full-size). Other upgrades include an in-room mini-refrigerator, ceiling fan, two sinks in the bathroom (except at Coronado Springs Resort, where there is one sink), Jacuzzi at the main pool, pool slide at the main pool, pool towels at the main pool, multiple bus stops (that is, less walking to get to a bus), covered bus stops (protection from rain and bright sun), and the availability of an on-site table-service restaurant (except at Port Orleans French Quarter). Each resort has some type of recreational activity available (e.g., watercraft rental, bike rental, carriage ride). Coronado Springs Resort also has a gym and limited room service. Both Port Orleans resorts have a boat that transports guests to Downtown Disney.

Deluxe resorts represent a substantial upgrade in many facets. Each is pretty close to at least one of the four Disney theme parks. With the exception of Animal Kingdom Lodge, each offers non-bus transportation to at least one theme park (either walkng distance, boat or monorail). They are built with interior corridors. Each has rooms with balconies (most, but not all, rooms have a balcony). Each has at least two table-service restaurants and full room service. These resorts are much "nicer" and refined in terms of the look and feel; they tend to have large, sweeping lobbies with multiple shops. The smallest rooms (AKL and Wilderness Lodge) start at 344 sq. ft., and the largest single rooms range up to 474 sq. ft. (some rooms at Polynesian).

Hopefully this can help you focus your search for a Disney resort.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

CleveRocks said it best, but I'll add a little.

Your kids are not going to remember too much about the hotel they stay at. My daughter doesn't remember the Caribbean Beach Resort at all when we went there 4 years ago. She's now 8. The value resorts have the most flash that would get the kids excited. I like the All-Star Movies with the Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians themes. Kids eat that stuff up. The down side is that the rooms are pretty small and you have a baby to take care of, so you may be a little crowded.

If money is no option, the Animal Kingdom Lodge would be great because of the rooms with views of the Giraffe and other animals. Who wouldn't get excited about that? The rooms are fantastic and you will be impressed with the place as an adult.

Another choice I would look into is the new Art of Animation Resort. I know they have a ton of space and the pictures of the rooms look great.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

I agree with the prior posts about the importance of staying on-site for a first visit, particularly with small kids. My parents were in their 40's when my sister and I were borm, and I know it was hard enough being parents at that age, let alone going somewhere like WDW which is so massive and so potentially hard to figure out for first timers. As noted above, if you are flying, you can get a free bus from MCO to your resort, and you will have free transportation from your hotel to all parks, water parks, and Downtown Disney. Moreover, unlike buses to off-site hotels, the WDW buses run all of the time so you can go back to your room if your kids or you need a nap, etc.. You will also be eligible to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours (hours when the parks are only open to WDW resort guests), and you can sign up for one of the Disney Dining Plans if you so choose.

You can also check out this for more information about hotel options:

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resortmain.htm

Edited: 10 April 2012, 22:41
buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

I would suggest the wilderness lodge! It's a deluxe, so kind of pricey, but is just beautiful with excellent service. We loved having a balcony on our last stay, so we could relax after the kids fell asleep. Also the bus transportation is fast and there is a boat to the MK, where you will spend a lot of time if you have young ones. Wherever you stay, enjoy your trip!

7. Re: 40s with baby and 3.5 yr old...which Disney resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:16