We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline headphone adaptor

manchester
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
airline headphone adaptor

hi everyone!

i have found online that you can buy adaptors for headphones so that i can use my own headphones on the plane, they seem quite cheap on amazon, and i would prefer to take my own as they are pretty good.

but....

i am not very well up on techy things, the reviews for the adaptors state that they will only work on certain planes with specific "jack sizes"

some reviews say they work fine on long haul planes others say the opposite!

just wondering if any of you good people have experienced this and no which ones to get?

we are flying with thomas cook in september we have been told it will be the a330-200.

i have checked the airline and seatguru website but cant find any specifics

thanks so much!

manchester
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: airline headphone adaptor

spambo thats good to know, i have had a look and even with postage i can get 2 for that, but at least it would give peace of mind thats they would fit i suppose!

marish we go on the 13th, will have to see if there is a gathering while we are there! where are you staying?

angie its always good to know the people in the know! lol really liked your comment on the other thread this morning it really winds me up how people try to scare monger others about thomas cook on here, without even bothering to find out the true story!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
39,864 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: airline headphone adaptor

Huh some people only read the headlines then dont take note what is written afterwards.....they really do my head in....lol.....we had all this scare mongering when the troubles with TC first kicked off and people on the forums in their doom and gloom said it was the end.........well funnily enought TC are still trading and thats exactly what I said way back when it started !!

Angie.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: airline headphone adaptor

Alix,we are staying at POR,you?we booked last april,feel like ive been waiting forever now!

Marish

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: airline headphone adaptor

I have heard so many bad reports on thomas cook now,but im just not gunna listen to it any more,ive been with virgin twice and both times wasnt very happy with them,so we shall see?

Marish

Halifax
Level Contributor
764 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: airline headphone adaptor

The earphones that Thomas Cook sell on their planes are awful, the quality is terrible.

If you have a half decent pair, buy an adaptor and use your own.

Enjoy your holidays!!

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: airline headphone adaptor

tomsdad,will do thanks

Marish

17. Re: airline headphone adaptor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2013, 10:22