We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Test Track Refurbishment Update

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Test Track Refurbishment Update

According to today's WDWMagic.com, the refurbishment may begin in a matter of days:

"Test Track refurbishment looks to be moving ahead as construction permits filed

The Test Track refurbishment appears to be moving full steam ahead as construction permits have now been filed with Orange County including the description of "Provide labor, material and or/electrical for construction".

Specific dates for the refurbishment have still not been announced through the usual channels, but operations Cast Members are now expecting the building to be closed from April 16 2012, with a reopening in the fall of 2012."

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,079 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

Well, I guess it's going to happen after all. We were hoping it was postponed or cancelled; oh well, one less attraction to do in September.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

See this too:

orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disn…

I am glad that my wife decided she did not want to go to WDW this spring, as Test Track is her favorite EPCOT attraction and she would be very unhappy to drive 1000 miles each way to watch it being refurbished. I just hope that she still likes it after it is reopened.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

That's too bad, we will miss it by 2 weeks. Don't bother with evening extra magic hours at Epcot, the line for Soarin' is really going to grow. Can't understand why they don't refurbish the entire Wonders of LIfe Pavilion, it's basically derelict now. Don't miss Body Wars but I do miss Cranium Command. About three years ago they were still renting the pavilion out for special occasions but I think they stopped even doing that now. Really, Epcot could use some more rides, not just redoing the ones they have.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

i agree epcot does need to do somthing with the empty space,well we will miss test treck maybe they will put it on hold untill after the summer holiday as the kids will be so sad.the last time we took them space moutain was closed boy were they heart broken..

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

With respect to post #3, I have been going to WDW since 2003, and the Wonders of Life Pavillion was closed even then (I think in theory it was operating on a seasonal basis, but I am not sure what season it was ever really open). You would think that they could get some company with $$$ (like Apple, maybe) to come up with some concept for the space.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

test track is my favorite ride in EPCOT! I can't wait to see the new test track for Oct 2012!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,079 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

I'm afraid you may miss it, Jeanylaser, as Test Track isn't scheduled to reopen until late November of this year, probably around or just after Thanksgiving.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

it's such a shame that it's closing for soooo long. So many people love this ride and it will be out of action for 7 months. :0(

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

I can't wait to ride the New Test Track in Dec 2012 with new marquee! I can't wait to see it in person!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Test Track Refurbishment Update

Is there an update on the start up date?