We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off-site hotel recommendations??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Off-site hotel recommendations??

We were going to stay at Swan/Dolphin but now I see they tack on additional $15. for parking, and additional $14.00 resort fee, my rate is now $192. with taxes. Geez. So now we are looking at off-site, any recommendations?

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

I-Drive Accommodation

Rosen Inn

Has changed a great deal since the 1st time we visited. We stayed in the Rodeway Inn (now Rosen Inn) on I-Drive 4 times and found it to be fairly central. It was basic but very clean, but we spent so little time there that it didn’t matter. The facilities in the hotel were adequate with the Shogun Japanese restaurant in the hotel being fantastic. Not just a meal but a dining experience, they prepare your food right in front of you on a hot plate.

http://www.roseninn6327.com/

Wyndham Orlando Resort on junction of Sand Lake Road -Lovely inner areas, almost like being on a tropical island, but it is on a very busy junction. But lovely gardens, nice pool and Jacuzzi, nice little shop that does fab ice creams and a really good pool bar/snack bar. Restaurant on site but we never used it as there is a golden Corral over the road for breakfast and its walking distance to lots of great places for dinner.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOWD/main.wnt

Hilton Garden Inn near Wet and Wild - Great location, its in a little street just off i-drive, really quiet but still right in the heart of things. Facilities arent as good as the Wyndham but its cheaper in a quieter location.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=QGMBM54SZQKTWCSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=ORLSEGI

Homewood suites idrive. Lovely hotel, great location on the south end of I drive, behind Bahama Breeze which is one of the best eateries on I drive and TGIs, by Point Orlando which has some fab bars and by Millers ALex house (this is new). Its also on the I ride trolley route to the outlets and Seaword and the hotel provides free breakfast, free managers reception (snacky evening food) and free shuttles to all the parks (its one of the only hotels that does all park shuttles).

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

Comfort Suites Maingate East is very nice and is a ten minute drive to/from the Disney parks. The rooms are clean and spacious, some of which have been recently renovated. The free breakfast is an added value with a nice selection of hot and cold items. There is an outdoor pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub. There are many restaurants nearby as well as Old Town and Fun Spot USA (a small amusement park). The hotel does charge $2.26/night for the in room safe-you have to get a key at the front desk. Please add this hotel to your list of possibilities.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

The Radisson in Lake Buena Vista is also worth checking out.

radisson.com/orlando-hotel-fl-32836/fllabuvi

pa
Level Contributor
53,724 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

Any special reason you aren't looking at a Disney Resort ? There are no Extra fees

(As a side note, the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney Resorts )

Kentucky
Level Contributor
92 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

I'm assuming you'll have a car since you're looking for off site? Or were you looking for someplace very close that would offer a shuttle?

If you'll have a car, I'd actually suggest staying further out and save some real money..... we've stayed in Davenport before, it took us about 20 minutes to drive to the World, and we saved so much money by doing so!!!

This summer we're renting a condo at Windsor Hills and we're saving $300ish by doing that instead of staying at a moderate at Disney. Needless to say, we were thrilled!! Considering we're only really sleeping there and won't be spending a lot of time there, I think that's pretty good! Our 3 BR, 2 BA condo is $645 for 7 nights, no cleaning fee, free use of the resort... pool, movie theater, billiards, fitness center, tennis courts, etc, AND... it's only 2 miles to the World!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
79 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

How long are you staying? We rented a house for 2 weeks for $2500.

Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

I am normally an on site person all the way. Our favorite resort is Port Orleans Riverside, but after pricing it out for this Nov, and needing two rooms there because there will be six of us, they priced me to far out so I needed off site. No big deal to me because we drive to the parks anyway.

After doing a ton of research we decided on Wyndham Bonnet Creek, located on Disney property right by Carribbean beach resort. I got 7 nights for $800. Through vacationupgrades.com, for a two bedroom condo. I will have to pay to park at Disney parks, but that's no big deal to me.

They have just opened the Wyndham Grand Hotel there too, but I found their rates high. Plus you have to pay to park at the hotel. I found that insane to pay just under 20 a day to park at the hotel, and another 14 a day at the parks. I got the condo for way less than the hotel rate too.

This was the best option for us because I wanted to have the on site feeling, without the big expense. I also found hotel rates around DTD to be much higher than what we got too. I have read many positive reviews too. Can't wait!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

We like Residence Inn LBV,Hilton Bonnet Creek,Staybridge suites LBV,Marriott Grande Vista and Homewood Suites. Also Doubletree guest Suites DTD if the price is right. We like to have a kitchen and space to spread out in;a hotel room just doesnt work when we have the kids with us

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

We are also looking for a place for this week and was wondering, does places with kitchen charge you cleaning fee and other fees?

10. Re: Off-site hotel recommendations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:42