We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Hi

I am looking for a few other things to do while we are in Orlando beyond the theme parks and have come across several older posts about the Car Cruise at Kissimee on a Friday night.

Does this still take place and is it worth a visit I am a bit of a petrol head lol so would like to take a visit.

Also thinking of taking a trip to the American Police Museum to visit the range.

Essex
Level Contributor
284 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Pretty sure it still is on, Friday and Saturday nights. Have done it several times, including last year. There is a website for old town with details.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Old Town Car Cruises are on Friday and Saturday nights. My OH is a bit of a petrol head too so we usually end up there one of the nights. There's live music some nights, worth a visit defo.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

They have 2 car cruises at Old own, Friday's & Saturday's, in my experience the Saturday one is the best. The cars are older and the atmosphere is fabulous. I am not a petrol head but love to arrive early and wander around looking at the cars while they are parked up before the cruise starts at around 8.30pm. It's well worth a night out,

We usually pop in around 5pm take a look at the cars and then go off for something to eat, there are a lot of restaurants in walking distance, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster etc and then go back to watch the cruise.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Sorry meant to put up this link for you :)

myoldtownusa.com/car-cruises/…

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Thanks for the replies.

Would a taxi from I-Drive to Kissimee and back cost alot of money we are staying at the international palms resort and it looks like it would be good to spend an evening down there.

I would possibly look into public transport to get down there but take a taxi back. We have a car but I would probably want a few beers if we spend the evening.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

have a look at this link to get fare estimates

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

We went to the this, when I went like 8 years ago. So glad it's still going, as I loved it.

Also when we went we saw a baby lion and a mummy lion (can't remember where this was at), there was also a track with two cars on which went really fast but again I can't remember where this was. Could anyone tell me please. Sorry to take over your post xxx

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

Hiya Jamseiboi,

where is the police meuseum? ive not heard of this before...

if its not far i wouldnt mind giving it a quick look,

cheers,

Trill

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

As far as I know its near the Kennedy Space Centre.

http://www.aphf.org/

http://www.shooting-center.org/range.html

There might be places closer but I have seen this place mentioned a few times

EDIT: Just looked at it again it says the gun range cannot be used by non-US citizens so it may be back to the drawing board. I am going to email them and ask.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 11:55
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Town, Kissimee Car Cruise / American Police Museum

@ reginasam. The drag racing ride you mentioned has gone now, that area has had a lot of mony invested into it, with lots more rides and attractions added. I remember the Tiger cubs there one time but not seen any for many years, I'm maybe just there at the wrong time but I do seem to vaguely remember someone posting to say they had stopped showing the animals because of animal welfare rules.