We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida 2014!!

Windsor
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Florida 2014!!

Far away I know, but we're all so so excited!

Just wondering if anyone knows when we can book flights for July 2014? Normally we only book a few month before we go, but as we're planning to go for 3 weeks this time we want to get booked up and start saving ASAP!! Will probs fly Virgin or BA.

Thank you :-)

Leeds
Level Contributor
535 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida 2014!!

If you're just booking flights they will be released 11 months before. Packages can be booked much earlier

Windsor
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida 2014!!

Will probs book a package deal?

Leeds
Level Contributor
535 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida 2014!!

Packages are available now for August next year. I think they come out feb/march time but aren't 100%

corby
Level Contributor
380 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida 2014!!

we are going this august for 3 weeks, we booked with virgin and this was in feb 2011, i can imagine if you want to buy a package holiday you should start looking next jan/feb time, flydrives will be on sale alittle after

we originaly booked a package holiday, we had a 3 bed villa with private pool and it was expensive,about a week later i was chatting with a friend about our future holiday and he suggested i speak to his parents as they had bought a villa in kissimmee, it was a good job i did, they are letting it to us at a much cheaper rate,i immediately rang virgin to cancel the villa, i was expecting problems from them, there was no problem at all, there was no cancellation fee or extra cost for cancelling the villa, the funny thing is we got 10% off our holiday when we booked at first, when we we cancelled the villa they never recaculated the new 10% discount, so we saved much more than we should have

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida 2014!!

I booked in March 2011 for our trip in October 2012

which was good as virgin had an offer on Disney ultimate tickets.

But like Andy R said the flights don't get released until11 months from your return date. So in January i got a call us asap phone call when I was at work. They did not have enough seats for us on the return flight as we are a party of 15 so they changed our dates by 1 day which was ok as we were flying out on the sat home the sun. So we are now flying out the sun home the mon.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida 2014!!

Sorry I can't help with when the flights go on sale. We have booked for this July for a months holiday, when booking online what I can say is check the prices continually day to day even hour to hour as our prices fluctuated on an hourly basis. I signed in one morning and they were £1,130 then 30 mins later they went down to £933!! Still expensive for direct flights but a big saving for a family of four. We also booked our condo through Home Away with another saving of £800! With the same condo. Happy Planning!

Edited: 16 April 2012, 10:20
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida 2014!!

As said above, the holidays for the following summer come out in February with Virgin. So you should be able to book in February 2013 for summer 2014. If you can book as soon as they come out the prices are lots cheaper and steadily increase. I was looking this February for August 2013 and in just over 2 months the prices have increased by about £900 for 4 of us.

Windsor
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida 2014!!

Thank you all! Will let everyone know in the house! I wanna see if with Virgin we could do 2 weeks in a villa in Orlando and then a week in St. Petersburg, anyone else done this?

Kate

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida 2014!!

With Virgin you can tailor the holiday to suit you, it doesn't have to be 2 weeks in the same hotel in Orlando.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
10. Re: Florida 2014!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2012, 17:05