We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 3 Universal Studios

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Day 3 Universal Studios

Got to Universal about 10ish

In nice & quick, no ques..

DD wanted to go striaght on Rip Ride Rocket...i was advised i was going on with her, i never even got to see the ride before i got on, there was on que at all , about 20 people in front.

Got sat in the seat and strapped in, off we go, only for the car to go into a vertical position like a rocket ready for lift off...Bloody hell!!!! too late now to back out or say your a bit scared to your 8 yr old daughter...Bugger, up we went well and trully past the point of no return..AHHHH, it was quite good really, that good we went back on 3 more times during the day..

we went on all the rides, no ques at all. M-I-L doesnt like the rides so became bag watcherr/sunbather, we did all the shows..DD was picked to go up in the Anmlals are stars..she loved it and got a big sloppy kiss from tha St.Bernard dog Beatoven junior, slaver n all..

really good day had by all 10/10, loads of photos & autographs for DD..

Left at about 6 ish and went to Logans, lovely meal and good value,4 mains 1 childs + quite few drinks $82.00 so $100 with tip.

Beach tomorrow

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Love the description of the Rip Ride Rocket - I felt similar!

Are you sure you're not me??? We're from the same city, in the same theme park with the same aged dd and a M-I-L that's a bag watcher :))

Not seen or heard of Logans - will put that on my list. Where are you staying? Just checked the weather forecast on your recommendation and it looks pretty dodgy until next Monday.

Take more than a spot of rain to dampen our spirits tho. Gonna write my tr tomorrow morning as my eyes are so tired they're stinging and I bet I'll still be up at silly o'clock ;)

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Glad you enjoyed Rip Ride Rocket, its one of my familys favourite rides but I am the bag watcher sunbather in the family so yet to know what it feels like.

Did you go to the Logans on the 192 ?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Had to laugh at the Rip Ride Rocket story. My son has told me he is going to get his Dad on it, ha ha.

I am a dedicated bag watcher (no, not bag lady)! I love just sitting with my ice cream or my soda while I hear the rest of my family screamming blue murder.

Regards,

Deaconblue

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Sounds the perfect day.

Think there are employment opportunities for a bag watcher. I would do it.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Sounds another fab day! Look forward to the rest.

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Loving your live TRs, sounds like you all had a great day, Im the bag watcher in our family, now if I was 20 years younger I would be on all the maddest rides there are...oh what age does to you..lol...

Caroline.x

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Spambo...it's a very mall World... (Eccleshill)

Logans is great. i would recommend it to anyone, nice roadhouse atmosphere, You get peanuts & you put the shells on the floor (this kills M-I-L as she is very house proud and cant stand the idea of something not going in the bin)..Kids love it, novelty of not putting something in the bin..

Good value and really nice food..

were staying on Cumbrian lakes Kissimmee..

Deaconblue, never mind Dad's going on rides...My DW came on the 2nd & 3rd time and loved it..

You can chose you own song whilst riding RRR, i chose KC & the sunshine band..."Thats the way i like it"..At the start of the song it goes "AHHHHH Thats the way ah ah ah i like it"....The AHHHH is just as you go over the top on the first bit...really funny, attenion to detail is great...

Bagwatchers Rule.......

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Glad you all had a great day, where this ride is concerned I am the bag watcher too :) I just can't seem to handle loops anymore :( Have a great beach day.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

Another bag watcher here,,lol but my husband and son loved it said it was one of the best rides there.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 3 Universal Studios

ooooh i havent been on rip ride rocket,too scared dont like heights,or anything too fast(bit of a wimp).but glad you enjoyed it, really enjoying your trip reports!

Marish