We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

Hi..I read somewhere (I thnk) that you should get to the parking area by 6-6:30 in the morning..this way your sure to get a premium spot up front & may not even need a tram ride to the Monorail..is this true?...and can we actually get IN this early?

Has anyone ever been to the toll booth BEFOR they actually opened?......Hubby thinks I'm Nuts..but we will be taking our 4 young nieces aged 5-6-7 & 9.. (He has no idea whats ni store with 4 kids under 10)So I'm gearing up..only real Moms have this stuff down to a science..so please HELP with any and all info you have..much appreciated..did I mention we will be doing this in JULY!! YIKES..only time we can go :(

Thanks

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

I'm not sure how early the parking booths open but I wouldn't be worrying on how far you are in the parking lot, getting on the tram is all part of the experience.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

I agree, the tram ride is exciting for the kids, young & old.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
92 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

It depends on what time park opening is, but if opening is 8:00, it's really not that necessary to get there before 7:15 or 7:30, if the opening is 9:00, between 7:30 and 8:00 is still considered pretty early, especially at the age of your kiddos. We always do rope drop, we get there anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour early.... by the time we catch the tram in (and it is convenient and FUN!) and apply our sunscreen, there's not that long of a wait... and we still get to do all we want in the park without any wait times. Yes, get there early, but not so early that everyone's cranky from standing around before the day even gets started. Have fun!!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

Actually, if you want to go in--is open all night! My DH used to work nights at Shades of Green, and I have been out there at very late times when I was working at SOG. Also need to go thru there because of Poly, SOG and GF!!!

Maybe not all lanes open, but far right is always open.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

My kids love the tram and in 2007 we took my mother in law who had a blue disabled badge so we could get closer for her. The kids were devastated as they could not go on the tram so now we always park far away so they can get on the tram and the back is the best as going around the corner the front meets the back on the corner and the kids love it.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,407 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

For a 9:00 AM park opening, the parking lot gates usually open around 7:40 to 7:45 AM or so.

Not sure about EMH mornings and the parking lots as we always take the busses from the Disney resorts.

7. Re: What time does the Parking toll booth open @ Magic Kingdom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:43