We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Sat at Sanford wondering where my two weeks have gone (think someone has stolen at least a week - and I want it back!).

I know many of you will be pleased as it means you can almost taste your holiday now :)

Live trip reports died a bit of a death from day 9ish (I also lost track of days and did two day 6's - which lost me another day!) due to dodgy wifi & tummy!

In all fairness my tummy upset only lasted the one night and I just starved myself for 24 hours and I was fine.

I'll write individual reviews when I get back but just didn't want to leave it unfinished! So here's a few key events:

Saturday we spent at Seaworld and went to O'hana for Dinner. eldest dd and me loved it. Dh didn't like it at all as he found the marinades to sweet and sickly, twins weren't keen on the food but loved the atmosphere and got nuggets and chips which they then enjoyed. Fireworks from the beach were ace. And I was surprised that they pumped the soundtrack thru - lovely!

The weather then turned colder until yesterday (we had to buy fleeces and my feet were freezing but it wasn't cold enough for the sandals and socks look!). We revisited Hollywood Studio's, both Universal Parks and Magic Kingdom - I love going back because you just do all of your favourite bits and have more time to amble, shop and potter. I have become a Dole Whip addict and queued nearly half an hour for one - much to everyone else's annoyance :)

Unfortunately (for my credit card) I found the Ugg & Converse Outlets and many more! They didn't have any kids Ugg's in so I had to get adults but they were still much cheaper at $149 dollars - also got some cardi, leather, trainers and flip flops (went a bit mad!).

After my dodgy tummy I was really tempted to rent one of those electric scooter things but couldn't bring myself to (but secretly would love one!).

Cancelled the Hoop de Doo and Texas De Brazil but managed to get back to Epcot yesterday for all your suggestions (well most of them but by Morocco was stuffed).

Faves were the pint of Harp & fish and chips in England, GM slushies & vanilla slice in France, Funnel Cake in USA and loads of other stuff that I can't remember. Still have a long list to try for next visit!

Didn't get back to Quest or make it to Florida Mall but we did make it to DTD this morning for our last bits of Disney Shopping followed by lunch at Trex (ok but over priced) and now waiting to board.

Once again, massive thanks to those of you who helped me plan, shared your tips and offered support before and during my travels. We've had a wonderful holiday and I can't believe I'm sat here thinking about planning my next one!

Skelmersdale...
Level Contributor
292 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Booooooo!! Why do holidays have to over so quick they should last forever.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Spambo,

Really sorry it's the end of your holiday....which also means, it's the end of ours..

Loved reading the TR's...top lass..

Have safe n sound journey...hope the furry family member gets well soon..

All the very best,,

The Trill's

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Hope your dog is okay (she's not just a dog, she's a member of your family!).

Enjoyed all your reports, have a safe trip home :)

UK
Level Contributor
347 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

So sorry that your holiday is over Spambo, I have really enjoyed your TRs & will really miss them! Sorry to hear about your dog too, it's so hard when they get old & poorly, as ours is too. How was she when you got home? I bet it was lovely to be reunited again.

UK
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Sorry your holiday is over and sorry about your dog. I hope she perks up when you arrive home and give her lots of love and cuddles.

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Flight with Thomas Cook home was great - can't fault them so please don't worry if you've booked with them!

My dog (Tinkerbell!) has just about hung on for us but has gone down hill rapidly and there's a difficult decision to be made imminently I'm afraid.

Pets and kids eh? Gotta love em xx

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

Ohhh Spambo, sorry to hear that about tinkerbell....

Been there & done that..big desicsions are the hardest...

Thinking of you all.

Trill

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

I really sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are so much part of the family that you can't imagine them not being there. I am sure you will make the right decision. I will be thinking about you and your family.

Kindest Regards,

Deaconblue

UK
Level Contributor
347 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

We're in exactly the same situation with our 15 year old Lab & its sooooo hard. We all adore him & he's always been such a big part of our family, and the kids don't know life without him. Such a tough call to make, thinking of you too Spambo :o(

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Can't believe I'm on my way home!

I really feel for you spambo,i have loved and lost dogs,and know how hard it is, they are such a big part of your family.

My last one Winston died just before my holiday to florida two years ago,(Everyone on here was a godsend) it literally broke my heart and i still cry for him now....however i have two more little doggies now who my family and i adore, and love us endlessley.

We are all here to support you whatever you decide to do....

Do it in your own time when you know the time is right.

Take care

Marish xx