We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental prices

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental prices

We come from Brazil and we'll be renting a car for 3 days in june in Orlando. We have already decided we'd like to get and drop the car at Disney Car Care, since we'll be staying in a WDW resort. Our questions concern a few broker companies that offer competitive insurance inclusive prices, in comparison to renting directly from Alamo/National website: we could not find, here on TA or anywhere else in the web, enough reviews about those: Ibookacar.com and economybookings.com. Has anyone used them or know something about these companies(the first one requires full payment in advance and the other just 10%). Thank you very much!!

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental prices

Anyone, p p p pleaaase?! thnx!

Ciudad Evita
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental prices

happytours has good prices

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental prices

Thank you, I'll check their prices!

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental prices

Bump!

Va
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental prices

Why can't you book directly with the rental companies?

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental prices

Sungod, I could book directly with the rental car companies, and I might just do that if I can't get any reliable information about these two websites, but I´ll be paying aproximateley 50% more in the final price, including minimal insurance. So, the reason I ask is just budget related! But thank you for your interest and answer!

Va
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental prices

Wow, that is a lot. Many of the car companies and sites like Orbitz have low price guarantees, does that not apply when booking outside the US?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental prices

Sunngod, most renters from outside US need to rent thru other agencies that include the insurance in the price. We in US have different rules, since most of us can fall back on our own car insurance, or can use the insurance provided by our credit card company.

Not sure which companies have rental agencies right on Disney property, so, marciopsiq, you need to go thru an agency that will rent a car thru the agencies on Disney.

Good Luck

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental prices

Thank you guys for your answers!

The agencies on disney are only two, that acctually are one, Alamo and National. That I already knew, but the discounts are good on the third part websites that I have mentioned, and that I just can't figure out if they're good or not.

But I have just written letters to Alamo/National to ask them straightforward about the websites. I hope I have an answer soon, and I'll post it here to try to close the thread!

Ipanema, Rio de...
Level Contributor
278 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental prices

Just to close my own thread: I have wrote to Alamo and got a response, but one I have found to be quite unprofessional!!

Here's MY inquiry

"Dear Sir/Manager,

I intend to rent a car with Alamo, from the Disney Car Care location, and I have came across two third part websites that offers good prices including all the insurance I need. I would just like to confirm first if these websites have indeed reliable commerce with Alamo, since their vouchers are prepaid. The websites are: ibookacar.com and economybookings.com.

Yours thanksfully,"

And here's their answer:

"Dear Marcio Ribeiro,

Thank you for contacting Alamo Car.

I am personally not too familiar with those programs. It would be best to book directly from Alamo. We will not require a credit card until arrival. Should you have any further questions, please contact us.

Regards,

Marketta"

I had considered the possibility of the "recomendation" of renting from Alamo to be the default answer, although I have other experiences of honest companies, in several types of business, acknowleding business partners, even if that meant sharing profits, but what has shocked me is that casual tone/style in the answer, "I personally...."!!!

What is that? I was not talking to Marketta! I don't know this person, if he/she exists, afterall!!!

I was trying to reach Alamo, a company that apparently can't represent itself in front of potential customers!

My Conclusion is: although it would be easier for me to rent from Alamo due to their Disney location, I'll start looking at Hertz and others' deals from now on.