We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby food in suitcase

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Baby food in suitcase

Hi

I guess this is a question to international visitors to Florida! I was thinking of taking some packet baby food (Ella's kitchen/plum etc) just to last our first day or two until we can go shopping. I am not sure what would be allowed, I have been on the TSA website (or whatever the one is called that's lists what is allowed etc) but am still unclear if I can bring in a bit of baby food.

Has anyone any experience of this??

Thanks a lot!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby food in suitcase

We found it good value & have booked again for this year, cost is about the same as an airport brekkie. For kids there is soft play, playstations, air hockey, table football, ds's etc- plenty to keep them entertained & much easier to let kids wander in a 'contained' space. You can come & go as you please to normal duty free. Food is very good & they will cook to order. We found it relaxing & more enjoyable then just waiting at the airport, especially for our dd. Didn't notice a dress code, it's very informal & aimed at families.

Just remembered - boots airside sold a good range so we stocked up after security.

Edited: 06 May 2012, 22:23
UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby food in suitcase

We always do this ... just declare on the customs form ... Just fruit and veggies though as the meat ones are confiscated. Toys R Us at the Mall of Millenia does a great selection of pouches including some Ellas as well as other yummy baby snacks etc

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby food in suitcase

Baby food should be fine as long as its in original packaging. i.e. you couldn't bring your own home made stuff. Ive taken bottles of squash, tea etc in hold luggage and even when searched or declared they didn't mind it.

Not sure which post Jdisney is on, but I think they are trying to say you can order food and formula from Boots airside which you are then allowed to take on to the plane and bypass this whole only fluids less than 100mls business for carry on items.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby food in suitcase

Oops, sorry about my post, not shre what happened, stupid iphone! This is what it meant to say!

We took some pouches in hand luggage (bought from boots airside after we cleared security) & declared them on the customs form.

Btw, we found publix to be the best for baby food- they had Ella's kitchen & a good organic range (sesame street products were good!). We struggled to find healthy snacks/food in Walmart- yoghurts were full of colouring, even the snack apples came with caramel dip! We let dd have treats as we were on hols, but I still wanted her main meals to be healthy.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby food in suitcase

You can bring in baby food-you will certainly need it on the plane. It has to be packaged stuff though;otherwise,the 3 ounces and under rule kicks in. You must declare any food you bring in on your customs form . No meat or dairy can be brought in but pack for a couple of days worth of food and extra for the plane trip-you never know when you might get delayed

london
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby food in suitcase

Thanks a lot guys! I will have meat ones for the flight but I can just throw away any left overs if we are not allowed in with them. I gathered that meat products are not allowed but was hoping that pouches containing fish would be ok?? Wanted a couple of meals in the suitcase and the ingredients are either meat or fish or cheese (maybe I can find a lentil one for the protein). Don't think little one will be very impressed with just a pouch of veg for dinner on our first day!! Thanks for the tip of seeing better/healthier baby food in publix. Only a few days left til our trip so very excited now (but dreading the 9 hour flight!!).

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby food in suitcase

We want to pre-book cartons of milk from Boots at Gatwick,does anyone have the e-mail address for them please?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby food in suitcase

You just order online & select the relevant store for pick up.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby food in suitcase

Thanks

hampshire,
Level Contributor
230 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby food in suitcase

We took baby food on the plane for our son when he was 6 months and was fine.. My only dislike was that I was made to pick any 2 of the jars, open them and then taste them in front of them.. Didn't taste good at all but not sure if they mAje everyone do this or if the lady was just up for a giggle lol :-)