We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
728 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

What's happening to the weather in Florida at the moment? The forecast is awful!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

Its in the 90s and yesterday and the day before was sunny. had lots of rain yesterday evening and its forcast thunderstorms for the rest of the day. keeps going cloudy but v hot and sunny in between. we have all been lying by the pool and caught the sun. will be going out for an early tea so it wont matter if it does rain. its just one of those things that cant be helped, but it is very hot :-)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

Looking out my window it's sunny and hot :)

The rainy season is starting a little early as it's been a very mild winter. But even then you're talking sporadic storms in the afternoon, not all day long.

Right now we need the rain!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

You can check the weather yourself. Use www.weather.com and type in Orlando, FL.

I have checked the (5-day) forecast and see nothing "awful" about it. It's just the normal summertime weather pattern starting a little early, that's all.

kent
Level Contributor
184 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

or go to wunderground.com that has a good forcast as well. No year is the same in florida, I was a home owner for many years and visited all different times, have seen 80 deg at xmas and also frost. Summer seen no rain, others thunderstorms. That is the joy of florida nothing is ever the same.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
728 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

That doesn't sound too bad. The report I saw looked like constant rain and storms for the next 10 days!!! I will cheer up then. Counting off the days now...3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
765 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

Here's the deal- I'm a native. It rains almost everyday in the hot season, but he rain lasts maybe an hour. Maybe. Then it is gorgeous and sunny. I was just in Seattle and that is Rain. It rained maybe 10 minutes yesterday ,but the weathermen go insane saying thunderstorms. I think they get a bonus everytime they say "sever weather".

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
728 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

Thank you!!!!! That has reassured me completely! Roll on 3 weeks time!!!

8. Re: Weather in the sunshine state???!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:15