We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando - When to go?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando - When to go?

Feedback please:

If I want to take my grandaughter age 6 to Disney etc - what is the best time of year (in your opinion)., between October and March.

Pros and cons?

I know weather cannot be precicted having just came back from Rotonda on Gulf coast, weather was getting a bit hot & humid towards last weekend. Orlando was boiling on Saturday!!

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando - When to go?

We always go in October and you can use the half term week as one of the week's if you are going for two so they do not miss as much school.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,879 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando - When to go?

I have lived here 25 years. In my opinion, the nicest time (weatherwise) is mid-October to mid-November. The temps are dropping out of the 90s, the humidity is much better and the skies are blue again and not so gray.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando - When to go?

Personally, i dont think kids should be missing any school for the sake of a holiday, regardless of price. Thats just my opinion though.

As for weather, we are going next March/April. Hope thats ok temp wise.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,879 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando - When to go?

"As for weather, we are going next March/April. Hope thats ok temp wise."

Yes, but be careful about the week before Easter, whenever that occurs. BIG crowds.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando - When to go?

I love Oct, Nov, early December ~ the latter especially to see the amazing Christmas decorations. Evenings can be cool then but just pack sweat shirt and jeans. I also like going in May.

Whatever you do it's not wise to choose March and April because of Easter and Spring breaks. The theme parks are packed then. It's doable if you don't mind long lines for everything.

You and your granddaughter will have a marvelous time together.

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando - When to go?

Weather wise probably avoid July and August but that may be hard if she is at School. April and October are both nice and not too hot!!!!!!!

I don't have a favourite time to go, with no restrictions I go when I can get a cheap flight!!!

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
734 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando - When to go?

January. October can be HOT! I'm a native Floridan.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando - When to go?

Thanks all, my thoughts were the October half term and the week after or the last week of Christmas and the week after.

As for missing school I did this with my daughter aged 9(in 1993),( half term plus a week) as a one off, it was not an issue, did not compromise her education - she went to University and is now a Senior Staff Nurse in A & E dept. I had better not start the debate on this forum as we all prob have strong feelings regarding taking our children out of scholl for holidays.

Suffice to stay there were quite a few children on the plane back from Orlando last weekend.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando - When to go?

Personally, i dont think kids should be missing any school for the sake of a holiday, regardless of price. Thats just my opinion though.

i think personal opinions about parents taking kids out of school should remain personal .

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando - When to go?

If you're talking about the week between Christmas and New Year I'd strongly recommend October. Christmas/New Year is very, very, very, very busy.

easywdw.com/news/…

The weather is also much iffier than in October. December can sometimes be quite chilly! Disney parks clouded doe to capacity in 2010 as well and it was freezing to boot.

Edited: 09 May 2012, 16:28