We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for limo or van service

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for limo or van service

Hi all, we will be visiting WDW mid August and are staying at Port Orleans FQ for 6 nights. I know that we get the Disney Express included with our hotel but we would like to make a stop at some WalMart or other grocery store along the way to purchase some snacks, cereal, etc. for our stay. I do not imagine that the DE would stop for us so are looking for a limo or van service that would pick us up at the airport and stop for a food run. I also know that we will be paying extra for this service but would plan to take the DE from WDW to the airport for our flights home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are not planning to rent a car. We are also not purchasing the meal plan in spite of what everyone says so if anyone has an advice about eating in the parks that would be great.

Thanks so much.

May

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans...
9,200 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for limo or van service

I'm on my phone so I can't cut and paste a link right now, but if you Google "Ed Korgan transportation" you will find the person I suggest. He is an independent operator, very trustworthy and helpful, and has been doing it for many years. I highly recommend him.

I also have another suggestion, however. If the ONLY reason you want a private ride is to make a grocery stop, let me recommend you arrange a grocery delivery instead. The grocery delivery fee will be MUCH less expensive than a private ride from the airport, and will also allow you to quickly arrive at your resort without the delay of stopping for groceries.

Wherever I travel, I like having groceries in the hotel room but I hate having to stop to shop for them. I actually get annoyed when I vacation in areas where a grocery delivery is unavailable. I'm excited to get my vacation started and get frustrated with the unnecessary delay involved in shopping.

When staying at Disney resorts, I used Gooding's three times, and many other people have been satisfied customers of Garden Grocer. You can Google both of those, as well.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 14:35
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for limo or van service

Also have a look at www.tifanytowncars.com I have always found them to be very good.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for limo or van service

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Perhaps that would be the perfect solution as we will have just been on a 3 hr. flight w/ a 3 and 5 yr. old who can't wait to get to Disney! I will also check out Ed Korgan website.

pa
Level Contributor
54,830 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for limo or van service

We have used www.tiffanytowncars.com and www.happylimo.com both are reliable and will make a free grocery stop

We have also used www.gardengrocers.com to have deliveries made

Not sure which Resort you are staying at but they all Have a Gift Shop and Food Court for Snacks, Cereal and such. Be sure to get the Refillable Resort Mugs, very nice to fill up as often as you like, with coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade, soda etc

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for limo or van service

Just a correction to partypa's inadvertant typo, there's no "s" in www.gardengrocer.com ... the above link (in her post) won't take you to the Garden Grocer website.

There's also www.goodings.com

And now that I'm at an actual computer, I can give you the link to Ed Korgan's site: taxi-mco.com/Drivers/…20Jr.htm

Edited: 12 May 2012, 03:01
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,678 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for limo or van service

We never use the dining plan (always spend less out of pocket than it would have cost), so you'll be fine :)

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

here's the menus, lots of nice counter service choices for lunch. we bring some small breakfast items and snacks from home. you'll love french quarter, enjoy!!

Edited: 12 May 2012, 03:13
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for limo or van service

Thanks everyone, I knew that I would get lots of good info on TA.

princess41, thanks for the menus link, will check it out. I know we can spend less than the meal plan by being careful. Our 2 gdaughters are small and don't eat a lot. We don't typically eat a lot of desserts as my husband is diabetic so that was another reason not to purchase the meal plan. We can splurge w/ ice cream or something cool once in a while.

A friend of mine also gave me the names of a couple of restaurants to eat at. I am going to make up a list of potential restaurants we can eat in so we won't be wandering around Disney deciding where to eat.

Have a great day! Happy Mother's Day to all.

May

8. Re: Looking for limo or van service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:16