We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking food into the parks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taking food into the parks

My family and i are travelling to Orlando in October this year for 2 weeks.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 14 yr old, 16yr old & 22mth old toddler) and i was wondering whether we could take food into the parks instead of buying it there, mainly for budget reasons.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking food into the parks

Welcome to the Forum

Not a problem to bring in just about anything to the Disney Parks, just no glass containers or Alcohol

Will you also be going to Seaworld and Universal Parks ? They have more restrictions

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking food into the parks

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Can't remember coz we never tried.

Bottles of water too. Was thinking of buying a case and taking bottles into parks. Is this allowed?

Cheers

Davy !!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking food into the parks

Thanks Partypa thats great news, certainly saves a bit when your on a budget!

We're not planning on going to other parks, just Disney & Universal.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking food into the parks

Toon_fan, bottled water is fine

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking food into the parks

I dont think it would be a problem. Ive personally seen people bringing lunch bags with ice in them with bottle of waters and sandwiches. ;)

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking food into the parks

Thanks partypa. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking food into the parks

We went August 2010, 5 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 13. We spent about £100 the first day on drinks alone! So we stopped in one of the big supermarkets on the way back home that night, Target I think and got a smallish to medium square shoulder strap type cooler. We added some squash to the water bottles overnight,and used them as ice packs. Remember NOT to over fill the bottles as liquids expand when frozen! Also popped in an apple each and some spare bottles of chilled pop.

We actually enjoyed the sandwich subs more and plus we saved a fortune. It was our 4th trip and we had never done it before.

At the supermarkets there's massive choice, we used to buy few sub rolls, packs of turkey ham and presliced cheddar, cling film and we we saved a fortune. MMmmmm I remember them now ham n cheese subs, YUM !

I realise its not everyones cup of tea, but with 2 strong men to take turns carrying it, it was fine. Anyway by lunchtime it was empty and we could refill the water bottles at the free water fountains. We either had dinner in the parks or stopped on the way home in Kissimmee for a Cracker Barrel, McDonalds/Burger King or KFC etc

Meant to say, the food bill was being paid by us every day as we were treating my Mum, + our adult son and daughter. Hence we were for the first time watching the budget a bit more wisely. And the 13 and 11 year olds ate as much as us despite being as skinny as rakes lol

Edited: 14 May 2012, 23:19
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking food into the parks

Actually, we are heading to universal as well. Didn't know you could bring food and drinks. What r u going to do with the drinks if you r going on the rides? Think of the trouble you have to go though.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking food into the parks

Sue - when you have kids with you, you leave the soft sided cooler in the stroller when you go on rides : ) If you don't have kids or a stroller, bring a backpack and bring it on the rides with you. You'll save so much time and money just by bringing your drinks and few bags of chips. I also always bring a Sigg bottle for each of us with water that was in the fridge overnight. Water (or coconut water) is really important in the FL heat.

Subs from Publix sound like a great idea! They taste better than the park food anyway.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking food into the parks

GK95, absolutely true. We can only afford counter service type food in Disney ie burgers, pizza slice or chicken nuggets etc, and all that fried food doesnt agree with me if I eat it day in day out since I turned 50.

SueL88 On Thunder mountain they used to let you put you bag down on the exit side of the platform, for you to collect on way out, other rides did the same. Its 2 years since our last trip, so dont know if they still do this, but think they probably do as many folk have backpacks with other stuff in it like sunlotion, rain macks etc etc, and they dont want the bags flying out on the rides incase of injury.

Caz x