We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Should we do McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys or what, come on guys let me know.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 21:56
pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Yikes !

If I really had those choices, Wendy's I suppose ( I'll have the salad thank you :)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Do kids really care? I think adults would prefer Five Guys burgers over any of the ones you mentioned.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Ok Partypa, the wife and i will go for the salad [ fingers crossed] and Vic, why not ask, i will check out Five Guys. Any on 192?

Edited: 21 May 2012, 22:13
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

"Any on 192?"

I don't live anywhere near there. Sorry. Try their web site. http://www.fiveguys.com/

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Hi gunboat,

Depending where you are located (near 192?) the easiest Five Guys to get to would be the one on Osceola Pkwy near 'The Loop'. Well worth a visit, but only order 1 lot of fries for every 2 or 3 people ;-)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

The McDonald's at I-Drive and Sand Lake Road is one of the largest in the world, with a huge play center, McCafe coffee, and "gourmet" sandwich menu. Might be something different for the kids.

Other than that, it really depends on your taste. Five Guys is trendy and growing rapidly right now, but it is more pricey than the other burger places you mention.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

I 2nd Mac's at I-Drive and Sand Lake RD. Your kids will thank you!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

I would pick some restaurants and get take out and stop by a store for something to drink. It would be close to the same amount as the meals at a fast food place. Order a salad a few entrees and eat family style back at your villa.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

McDonalds is the most popular with the kids. The happy meals now come with sliced apples (a mandatory make it healthier policy for their chain) and smaller orders of french fries. Most have a playground but the one mentioned above is like a super sized McDonalds. More adults seem to like Wendys or Burger King than McD's. I like Wendy's salads.

Five Guys only has burgers, hot dogs and french fries, No other choices but all are good. Unless you are really hungry the Junior burger is plenty and split an order of fries between 2 people as they are large amounts. Their food is good but none have a drive thru that I know of yet. And no playground. They do give free peanuts while you are waiting for your food.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lazy drive thru for the kids.

Instead of drive-thru, sit down with the kids at Steak n Shake. It's built like a 50's dinner and has really good food and shakes. And if you have to do drive-thru they have one : ) They make the food to order. Try the cheese fries or onion rings - yum!