We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

Morristown, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

we are staying at extended stay america suites (very close to disney entrance). I was wondering if I need to bring kids back for after noon nap - how much time would it take to make round trip (exclusing nap time..). thanks.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

hello,welcome to the disney world forum..

i tryed to map quest it for you,but with out the adress of the hotel i can't give you the right info.i'm sorry

i sure that some one will have the info you need..

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

Q1: To or from which Disney park? This will have a large impact on the time it takes

Q2: To or from exactly which hotel - you description isn't really precise enough. Address?

Q3: By what means of transportation? Car? Bus? Taxi? etc...

Morristown, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

sorry for not being accurate. we are traveling with two girls age 4 and 6. Bit tight on budget and resorts inside disney are expensive so thinking to stay outside. We will be renting a car and will be traveling to mostly to magical kingdom park. We may have to bring kids at hotel in afternoon for nap. Google direction to magical kingdom park shows 7.3 miles/16 mins - no I-4 involved (from 8100 Palm Pkwy., Orlando, FL 32836 to magical kingdom) but I'm not sure in reality how much time it can take - if I return from hotel to disney or vis versa(for exaple going thru' admission again, inspection and stuff like that). This is our first trip to disney so I don't know what to expect during re-admission. Seems like the hotel (extended stay america) is pretty close to entrance of disney - so if we stay inside disney (like movie star resort or any value resort) then do you think we are going to save signicant more time in commute - is re-admission process simpler for disney residents? (we are planning to rent car irrespective whether we staty inside disney or outside)? I understand the perks of staying inside disney (like buses to parks, extended hours and feel) . I'm trying to decide whether to stay inside disney or off site. If commute to/from disney to our hotel is prohibitive then I'll just reserve resort inside disney. We are planing to visit disney on 7th june. Thanks in adavance for your help.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

It should not be that bad a commute. We used to do it all the time. TAking a break in the early afternoon is the best way to do the Disney parks! We would arrive before opening, and by 1 or so were all ready for a break. It would probably take about an hour, in addition to nap time, to do the turn around, but every one will be more refreshed and ready for the evening. We would leave about 1 and return after an early dinner outside the park to stay thru the fireworks. That way you not only miss the hottest part of the day, but also the most crowded.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

From the Magic Kingdom turnstiles, you have to

- take a ferry or monorail across the lake to the Transportation & Ticket Center. Private cars are not permitted any closer.

- from there, find your car, which may take some time and/or involve a ride on the road-train that serves the car park.

- then drive your 16 minutes (I'd probably give it a touch longer) to the hotel.

I'd probably reckon on around an hour total, including wait time.

Where you would save time in the particular case of the Magic Kingdom, by staying at a WDW resort, is that WDW resort buses (only) are allowed right up to the park entrance, so you save the time taken to cross the lake and tour the car park.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 16:29
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

It would be about 45 minutes from the MK,half an hour from the other 3 disney parks. Well worth it to take a midday break for a decent lunch and a swim. The readmission to the parks is the same whether you are staying at a Disney resort or not,as is the bag inspection and it would still take at least a half hour to get back to a Disney hotel. We usually drive and we usually stay offsite(pretty near where you are staying) and it is very easy to take a break-we usually leave around 1pm and come back around 4-5pm. Makes the day much more pleasant and less melt downs

Morristown, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

Thank you very much for all of your responses. You guys are awesome. Now I think I have good picture of what's involved in getting in and out of park (timewise atleast...).

8. Re: travel time from outside hotel to orlando disney parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:17