We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite Disney secret?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite Disney secret?

We leave tomorrow morning for Disney World. While we have been there a number of times, we are going with my brother's family and my cousin's family, which includes a number of first timers. I would love to be able to show them some of the hidden or easily missed things to see or do at any of the parks. I'm thinking things like looking for paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer's island or the party line telephone in the store on Main Street.

What are some of your favorite secrets, tricks and hidden gems that you would want to share with first timers?

Thanks for the suggestions.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a card game that you go around to find screens in certain locations, you get your cards behind the christmas tree store. Bit of a waste of time but it looks pretty addictive

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

For the past few nights Soarin' ar Epct has been open AFTER Illuminations. On Sunday the line was well over an hour for most of the day. I watched Illuminations, walked over to Soarin' and straight onto the ride!

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

Waking up Tinkerbell! If you are one of the first arrivals of the day at Tinkerbell's Treasures in the magic Kingdom, ask a cast member if you can awaken the little sprite...boys receive a sword and girls a wand, which they tap on a chest, waking Tink, who flies around the shop!

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

How about Hidden Mickeys? You can look out for the shape of Mickey's head in various locations around the parks and resorts. Sometimes you need info on where to look because they're so well hidden. My favourite is in the mural in the boarding area of the ride in Norway in Epcot - there's a painting of a Viking longship and if you look carefully, you'll see that one of the Vikings is wearing Mickey Mouse ears! Happy hunting.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WhatIs.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

Prospect did a post last year on Disney Secrets that he PM'd to people that requested it.

It was really good.. There was the talking trash can that comes out hourly... I think that was tomorrowland.. but can check.

There were phones that you can pick up and listen to conversations...will check my copy of Disney Secrets that Prospect sent and see where locations are if you want to look out for them?

We're going to look for hidden Mickeys this time... haven't done that before.

We'll be there in 5 days...see you there! :0)

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

There is a really good book called "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" that has all kinds of interesting secrets. We have been many times and used this book a couple of years ago and had a great time finding the "secrets'.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

P.S. My sister in law and her family found the paintbrush on Tom Sawyers Island on our last trip at Thanksgiving and they received fastpasses for either BTMR or Splash Mountain. But I thought I read somewhere that this had been discontinued. Any other TA readers know if that is true?

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

Am pretty sure the paintbrushes have been stopped, read it on Dis Boards.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,381 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

If you ride It's a Small World you'll notice there are only two dolls from the U.S. They are at the very end of the ride in the finale scene. As you exit the room you'll see a cowboy and an Indian. All the other dolls are from other countries.

Donna

10. Re: What is your favorite Disney secret?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:42