We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Disney World

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Disney World

Hello! In a few weeks I'll be in Orlando helping a friend move from out of state. I've never been to Disney World and was looking for some advice.

My time in Orlando this trip will be short, so I anticipate only being able to go to one park on one day. Since I've experienced Disneyland and we won't have any kids with us, I'm thinking of skipping the Magic Kingdom this time and spending the day at Epcot.

Any suggestions you could offer about discounted tickets, things to do or if I should reconsider which one park I visit this trip would be welcomed.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Disney World

epcot is the best park.there is so much to do and see you will enjoy it very much.

there is no discount for a one day one park ticket.so i would just get the ticket at the gate.have fun...

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Disney World

agree with davsbabe, if you have done the MK at Disneyland I would go for EPCOT too.

The prices on the gate are $90.53 inc tax, you won't find any one day discounts.

While you're there make sure you stop in France and try the Grand Marnier slushie, fabulous!!

NH
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Disney World

Epcot is a favorite of my family ! Make sure to do a bit of research before you leave so you'll have a sense of how to navigate the park and what you want to see. The first thing you'll may want to do is head straight to the Land Pavilion and either ride or get a fast pass for Soarin' - it's a great ride, and the wait times can be quite lengthy these days with Test Track - the other popular attraction, being closed for refurbishment. If you plan to have dinner in one of the restaurants - call as soon as possible to make a reservation - sometimes you can walk up to a restaurant and get seated, but reservations are always strongly recommended. See Illuminations at the World Showcase lagoon at night; wonderful show. Enjoy :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Disney World

I don't know, I still feel pretty strongly that someone who has never been should make Magic Kingdom the priority. Assuming you are over 21 (and, it helps, like to eat/drink), then Epcot would probably be enjoyable to you. I know you've posted in the Disney forum, but you might also consider Islands of Advenure at Universal. Really, it depends on your interests.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Disney World

Thay have experienced MK at Disneyland :)

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Disney World

The best advice for disneyworld is longer is better, they really rip you on tickets for a one day trip, see if you can extend.

I would agree disneyland and the MK are very similar

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Disney World

Thanks for all the posts. I appreciate the response and we'll certainly enjoy our time at Epcot. My next visit we'll try to take advantage of multiple days at Disney or Universal parks to get the available discounts. :)

8. Re: First time to Disney World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17