We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining plan recommendations?

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining plan recommendations?

Hi, we've just booked to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge in Nov 13 (it's on at a great price with Virgin at the moment - worked out cheaper than Port Orleans!).

We've never had the dining plan before - just the quick service plan!

Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants to try on the dining plan? There will be four adults going so we aren't fussed for character dining or anything like that.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Have a look at this link for all the WDW restaurants and menus

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Don't rule out the character meals, we always do breakfast with Stitch & dinner at Chef Mickeys (2 adults)

Some of our favourites are:-

Via Napoli at EPCOT

Paradiso 37, House of Blues, Ragland Rd all at DTD

The Turf Club at SSR

Boma & Jiko are very popular at the AKL, haven't been to either but they get good reviews on here.

Enjoy your stay at AKL, it's a beautiful resort, we love it there.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Boma and Sanaa remember to get those booked right away since even if You are staying at the hotel dosn´t mean that You can get a table there

You can start doing Your booking s here

…go.com/reservations/dining/

Mutter

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Well Done for Booking

The AKL is wonderful, you will enjoy yourselves.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871510

Agree, book Boma for sure and book Jiko if you are OK with using 2 credits for a Nice, very nice, Dinner

There are a few Restuarants, very few, that aren't included in the Plan so I recomend having a look at this list

www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

Try and plan your days out now, which Parks on what days, then book the Advance Dining Reservations at the Park of the Day or at a Near by Resort Restaurant, that will make travel time a bit less between venues

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Favourites for us would include but of course are not limited too

Boma, Via Napoli, La Hacienda, Cape May Cafe, mama Melrose, Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe, Big River Grill, yak & Yeti

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Thanks guys, I'm getting hungry now!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Another vote for Boma from me! We also enjoyed le Cellier at Epcot and Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,399 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Just interested to know how you can decide what you want to eat and at what time so far in advance of a holiday? What happens if you don't want to eat where you have booked and if your timings are out at all? Do you just lose your reservation? Are the restaurants mentioned in the other posts so popular that you wouldn't be able to eat there without advanced reservations?

Curious as we have never used ADRs and would like more info. Thanks.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Treaveller from UK

if staying onsite at DW resort and want to stay on the dining plan is how I work out what and where and when I want to eat

First of all the sheduels of the different parks there are 4 big parks and lots of resorts to eat at

Who are in my group adults or children ( Children / character meals )

What shows in the parks do I want to see

Which park has open late the different dates

Are there a special event happening that day like a Halloween Party if I am not going to the Halloween Party that day then if I should choose to use my normal ticket to get in a MK that day I will know that park closes for normal tickets early and can choose to go eat at a near by resort if doing MK

For the time of dinner the most populare we just try to get a match with what we normal time eat at home

then we will try to get around that time or a little bit later if its possible

The bookings can be done upto 180 days ahead and its not always so easy , but it goes , if I change my mind I can do so upto 24 hours before the dining , plans changes all the time

For getting the value of the dining plan I choose dinner for my table service credit s , thats the most expensive once and I can choose what ever I fancy at the menu card with a entree and a dessert its also inclusive a soda water

Hope that helped You on the way

www.allearsnet.com click for dining and Whats on the menu

Edited: 02 June 2012, 11:11
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,399 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

Thanks very much for the info mutter.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 11:30
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

We really like 'Ohana at the Polynesian :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining plan recommendations?

You are so lucky ukgirlabroad....there's always awesome deals for UK residents!!!! That's an awesome awesome deal :) I've never seen anything like that for Aussies.

Enjoy the planning of all your restaurants....fun fun fun!!!!

AJ