We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

Hi everyone, me, my husband, and our 7 year old son stayed last year at the Disney Beach Club and truly enjoyed it. We had a 1 bedroom suite in the main hotel. My son absolutely LOVED the pool there. And my husband and I loved the food at the pool bar.

This year, I wanted to try something different and am considering the Wilderness Resort. For anyone familiar with both properties, which property has the better pool area? Any other things I should consider? Thanks so much!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

The pool at WL isn't as elaborate but still very nice. Transportation to the MK is much, much, much better at WL. You'll have to bus it to Epcot and DHS though.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 16:58
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

I agree with Jennifer; the pool isn't as nice or big at W.L. (after all, Stormalong Bay is the best pool in all of Disney), but the theme and feel of the hotel are so great at Wilderness Lodge.

Getting to Magic Kingdom is a quick boat ride away and I feel W.L. is somewhat "quieter" than Beach Club, plus you have Ft. Wilderness just another short boat ride away to explore and enjoy.

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

Very different "feeling" at the Wilderness Lodge, it's our Favourite Resort. Relaxing, Peaceful, Beautiful, only begins to describe it. There are Two Pools and altho not as elaborate as the Beach Club's, very nice, IMHO and easier to keep track of the kids at. The Boat ride to the MK is Lovely. There is also a Boat to the Contemporary and over to the Campground. Bus Service to the Other Parks works well.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

WL rooms are less expensive than BC though both are considered deluxe resorts.

BC rooms are larger and you can walk to EPCOT with all of the dining options in a 5 minute walk.

BC has the Boardwalk with the nightlife. WL has nightlife in the Electrical Water Parade on the lake and is pretty quiet at night.

Now that I think about it, I loved them both for different reasons!

Happy Planning!

5. Re: Disney Beach Club vs. Wilderness Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:18