We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

We are planning a trip for 8 nights in late September to celebrate our 35th wedding Anniversary. Just me & my guy, no children. We have stayed at the Grand Floridian a couple of years ago and liked it, especially the ease of getting to the parks and restaurants on the monorail system. This time we plan to spend 1 day at Discovery Cove, 1 day at Harry Potter, 2 days at Epcot 2 days at Magic Kingdom, and the rest are open.We will not have a car. We prefer to be at a resort that has quiet rooms, and maybe a little romance, and decent restaurants nearby. We will do the dining plan. What do you suggest?

North Richland...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Is the Beach Club an option? If so, that would be my vote I think.

Shannon

http://wdwprepschool.com

pa
Level Contributor
53,830 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

The Boardwalk Inn, lovely

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186

Dining options at the top of our list include but of course are not limited to

Kona Cafe, Artist Point, Jiko, Boma, Flying Fish, Big River Grill, Cape May Cafe, Fulton's Crab House

www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

You might even catch the Free Dining Promotion end of September, a great time to visit :)

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

From what I've read the Beach Club is pretty noisy and crowded, the Yacht Club is quieter. I really want a little more romance.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Boardwalk Inn or Grand Floridian, for ease to parks and great dining options. If you want storm-along-bay, Beach Club is better suited for families. The Yacht Club is great for adults.

As your days are flexible, I would consider a "cabana" at the Grand pool. They are only available to GF guests. It is just wonderful to have your private space; with a stocked fridge, TV, and non-stop personal service. A wonderful way to spend a day!

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Maryland
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Our last trip by ourselves (no kiddies) was for our 25th anniversary and we stayed in a garden suite-club level at the Boardwalk Inn and were very happy. Being able to walk to Epcot and HS was very nice for enjoying peaceful time together. Being so close to all the restaurants in Epcot and on the Boardwalk and the ease of getting to DTD made dining no problem. We didn't experience a lot of noise or crowds. Probably the only time I even realized there were families there was if I was later going up to club level for breakfast. We have stayed at GF as well. Both are wonderful, but if we went back for an adults only, I will probably do Boardwalk again. JMO :)

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Thanks everyone!

It was a toss up with the Yacht Club & Boardwalk Inn, but booked at the Boardwalk. Im sure it will be great, and it looks like we can catch the first two days of the Epcot Food & Wine festival, which is something I've always wanted to do. Thanks Again!

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

OMG - My dear husband just told me its our 36th wedding Anniversary He seems a bit peeved that I had the wrong year!

pa
Level Contributor
53,830 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Oh my, just tell him that Last year was so Great you wanted to experience it all over again :)

Enjoy your holiday, the Boardwalk Inn is Swell

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

Great choice! Have a wonderful celebration!

10. Re: Grand Floridian, YC or Boardwalk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:16