We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disnet dinning plan

ammanford
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
disnet dinning plan

can you book this when you arrive? how much does it cost and how does it work,

hope some 1 can help me

thanks steve

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from US$112.99*
US$118.99
Halifax
Level Contributor
761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disnet dinning plan

you can buy this but work out how much you would spend realistically first and weigh it up

there are 3 different kinds at different costs

we got it for free but wouldn't eat the puddings or so many counter service meals if we did not have it - would be a close call to decide if we would have bought it or not. The full service meals are great though (but you can go anyway and pay!!)

have a look on all ears at the menus and costs involved and for a detailed explanation of how it works and what it costs

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disnet dinning plan

You need to purchase ahead of time and must be a WDW resort guest. You can add it to a reservation after the fact but must purchase park tickets.

…go.com/planning-guides/…

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,701 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disnet dinning plan

You cannot book the plan when you arrive-its part of a package of Disney hotel room+tickets+dining plan. Has to be booked in advance.How much it costs depends on which of 3 plans you choose(Deluxe,Regular or Quick Service)With each,you get different options;with the Regular one,you get a certain number of credits for each you are staying that can be used for table service and counter service meals and snacks.Depends what plan you choose

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disnet dinning plan

If I remember correctly you are staying at the Allstars so you do qualify to purchase the DDP. Have a look at this link, you need to do the math and see if you will save money by pre purchasing this. You would have to purchase it for everyone on your booking and for every night you are booked in for. It must be booked in advance, either your TA should be able to do this for you or you can call Disney direct and do it yourself. We have never been able to make it work for us as we rarely have a dessert and prefer to order an appetiser. Also we like an alcoholic drink with our meals and not a soft drink. But it does work for some as I said you need to roughly work out what it would cost you if you were paying out of pocket.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

This link will help work out prices if you are paying cash.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

kent
Level Contributor
184 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disnet dinning plan

For the uk market u.need to book park tix as well. We normally discount the packages so save more money. To get free ddp u have to stay in port orleans or higher grade resort. But even with port orleans it is the basic ddp. If anyone wants further info let me know.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disnet dinning plan

I could be wrong but my understanding is you only need to buy a one day MYW ticket to qualify to buy the DDP

kent
Level Contributor
184 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disnet dinning plan

I think you may find they have closed the loophole as they have different rulings now for US residents and Uk residents!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: disnet dinning plan

No they haven't. If someone wants to BUY the DDP it doesn't matter whether they are from the USA, UK or Timbuktoo, they will sell it to you :)

Partypa will be able to confirm exactly what you need to do, send her a PM.

The USA/UK rukes are only for packages involving the free DDP,

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disnet dinning plan

Uslovers is right, we've just had a quote to stay onsite next year- to qualify for free dining you have to buy a 7/14/21 day ticket, depending on your length of stay.

But to buy the ddp, you only have to buy min 1 day ticket.

10. Re: disnet dinning plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:41