We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson welcome meetings in international drive

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Shields...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
thomson welcome meetings in international drive

can anyone tell me were the welcome meetings are being held in 2012. we are staying at the rosen inn pointe orlando. thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

Does anyone know this information and can relay it on?

leven
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

total waste of time sell sell sell went once as i had park tickets to pick up never again

UK
Level Contributor
423 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

I don't know the answer but with these things it is just a chance for Thomson to sell you trips, I am guessing you have already got your tickets for the parks sorted but I bet Thomson's are heavily selling things like dinner shows and the likes. Orlando is a bit different to bucket and spade resorts where things are so far away that it is worth doing an orgainised trip. I personally have no intention of wasting my precious holiday on this type of pap.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
344 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

On my recent trip they held a welcome meeting the following morning in my hotel (International Palms) so not sure if each hotel has its own rep covering it. They said these happened a few mornings a week so if I didn't make the first one I could check the board in the hotel.

We didn't go to any of them, figured it would be a sales pitch as mentioned above. The rep did phone my room after about a week to see how we where doing tho.

Thomson do ask you to go to the information desk at Sanford which is just across from the main terminal where they give you a little pack with directions and events guide. Didn't really want to but it only took 5 minutes.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

i think each hotel holds its own meeting, we stayed at the staybridge suites on i drinve.friend stayed at econolodge and we both had our seperate meetings, admittedly at different times and with different reps x

Hull, UK
Level Contributor
845 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

yeah i think every hotel generally does it, my parents flew with thomas cook on their last trip to orlando where they stayed at quality inn international and they said that TC where doing a welcome meeting the 1st full day too.

waste of time in my opinion. id rather go explore myself, grab booklets and leaflets from the parks,hotels etc of things to do, whats going on etc.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

thanks for the replys everyone, we are suposed to receive kids eat free cards at the meeting, but don,t really want to waste time going to the meeting. i wonder has anyone just picked them up of the hotel rep and not bothered going to the meeting.thanks

york
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

Iv got the same problem, I'm due to pick my kids eat free cards and park tickets but don't want to have to sit through the whole meeting before having the tickets handed to me, does anyone know if I can collect them from reception on my arrival

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

We stayed Rosen Inn last year. Can't remember where welcome meeting was as we never went but definitely wasn't in hotel as a coach was organised to pick us up and take us. We went with Thomas Cook. Wouldn't bother if I were you x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: thomson welcome meetings in international drive

We stayed Rosen Inn last year. Can't remember where welcome meeting was as we never went but definitely wasn't in hotel as a coach was organised to pick us up and take us. We went with Thomas Cook. Wouldn't bother if I were you x

Oops old post. Lol x