We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Florida...empty case??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Florida...empty case??

We are staying at Disney Pop for the first week then idrive the second. With no car! I love the idea of buying shorts and t-shirts over there but is there a Mall close to Disney?

Thanks

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

No, there is no mall very close to Disney, but there are the outlets closer to I-Drive.

Orlando Premium Outlets (2 locations)

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

More shopping: orlandosentinel.com/travel/…201112.story

2. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2012, 12:57
Swansea
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

I have often thought about this, but always it comes down too, do I want to spend the first 1,2 or even 3 days of my holiday dragging my butt around shops.

Would the cost savings, make that much difference considering its not a cheap holiday. Example holiday cost £1500 pp so just over £100 a day, are you going to save £100+ on clothes. I enjoy hitting the Malls and getting some great savings but as part of my r&r days, and to get things I normally can't get in the UK or are very expensive in the UK, but shopping for shorts and t-shirts to wear on holiday, I personally can't be bothered.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

I took 4 t-shirts, underwear and 2 pairs of shorts, bag weighed in at about 10kg and that was including the all the toiletries (ase weighes 5kg!). So yes take very little but make sure you have enough for a few days so don't have to shop straight away.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

Take enough for a few days so that you don't have to shop in the first days but take things that you don't mind putting in the bin. So that older t-shirt thats gone a bit out of shape or faded or those shorts that now look a bit out of style etc, pack them, wear them then bin them ;-)

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

Each time we have gone to Disney we have taken extra empty cases and had no trouble filling them. One trip I landed up dumping some old trainers and T shirts to make room for items that I had bought.

As for savings they were fantastic, I bought Nike trainers for USD25 at an exchange rate of USD 1.50 to £1 this was less than £17 and they were bought from a Nike outlet. I bought Disney T shirts embroidered with Grumpy for UDS15, that is £10 and again that was from a Disney outlet, also picked up fleeces. As for Disney toys bought onsite I have bought a very large Stitch and a very large Mickey Mouse for our daughter paid less that USD60 each whereas the same items in a UK Disney store were £60 each. There are far more Disney toys available in the parks and in Downtown Disney that you can ever find in any Disney store in the UK.

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
427 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

Dont do it! - last thing you want to do when you get on holiday is spend it trudging round the malls (Unless that is your thing of course!!)

We always travel fairly light and buy clothes over there to bring home but always have enough to cover the first week.

DTD is not great for clothes shopping - I Drive is but if you are there 2nd week pack enough clothes to cover the you until then and enjoy Disney without worrying about shopping for clothes!

Have a great time!

Scotland
Level Contributor
704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

Travel light but do take enough. I prefer to shop for things i like rather than need and must buy at once. We take one case and are intending on buying another there to fill full of purchases!

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

I agree with most of the above, take enough for a few days, you can wash clothes at Disney hotels, they have a laundrette, so no problems there ! And you can shop till you drop and you will !

edinburgh
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Florida...empty case??

Thanks folks! Think we'll take enough for a week then shop on idrive the 2nd week. AND im an awkward shape so could imagine me having problems finding things i like.

Would love an extra case but we are restricted to 25kg!