We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pets at ritz carlton

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
pets at ritz carlton

Have more or less decided on this hotel but now see they allow pets. Has anyone who stayed there noticed this? Are there lots of pets around? Do you know if specific rooms are kept for non pet stays?

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Generally the rooms used for pet clients are not used for other guests that may have dog/cat allergies. They are set for pets only.

Have you got an email address for Ritz? They can best answer that question.

But who knows if they say no prior pets were in that room and they were.

Example, I've been in a lot of non smoking rooms, and drapes, carpet. etc reeked of cigarette smoke. Can not tolerate that.

Good luck finding your answer.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 19:42
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pets at ritz carlton

I have emailed RC to ask them but it's always useful to see what people who have stayed there think. Really don't fancy the thought of pet hairs/odours in the room.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pets at ritz carlton

It's the Ritz Carlton - I seriously doubt that the room will have any residual odors of anything. Whe you book put in your room request you must have a pet-free room due to allergies (even if it isn't because of allergies) and they will adhere to your request. They're the creme-de-la-creme of the customer service world so if for some reason the room wasn't up to par they would definitely make it right for you.

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pets at ritz carlton

That's very reassuring to hear GK95, we do all have allergies so won't even have to tell a fib.thank you again

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Ritz Carlton employees are empowered to make it happen for the guest (I can only imagine the kinds of requests they receive!) and they have leadership classes for their employees that are known throughout the customer service world . Here's an article I found that gives an example of them going above and beyond: …gadling.com/2012/….

I dream of staying at a Ritz Carlton one day and being spoiled so I don't want to go home : ) Enjoy your trip!

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Not sure about this amazing customer service- I emailed them over 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything.

Va
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pets at ritz carlton

I wouldn't be concerned about pets at the Ritz. Knights inn, different story.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Hiya Kitty~~~~~~~~I just called their 800# for you.

The gent I spoke with said it will not be a problem.

He says that their pet friendly rooms are allocated in one section. He said they're on a lower floor,for obvious reasons. I told him about your allergies,and he said it will never be a problem.

Wirral,England
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Have just had a reply from the hotel which says they can't guarantee that pets will not have stayed in the room we are assigned and that pets are not confined to one part of the hotel! Thank you so much Moose for calling them, what's the number? Perhaps I should ring and feed back the conflicting info they are giving out .

I dont think I've read one review of this hotel that even mentions pets staying there so I guess it's not an issue but I still can't face the thought of dogs being in the corridors, round the pool etc. I definitely need to find out more as I really like the look of the hotel.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pets at ritz carlton

Hi again...I used 800-542-8680,but I'm in the U.S.

The toll free for United Kingdom is 0800-234-000.

Good luck.