We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

..comes in the form of rest and retail!

Happily typing away while awaiting the start of The Princess and the Frog on the lawn at POFQ - this is the life!

Day 6

Despite DD wanting to head to BB, we were all really tired and slept past 8am, so instead of hurrying about we decided to stay at POFQ and enjoy the pool.

DH wanted to do some revision, so I read my kindle while DD made friends in the pool.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the life guards at the pools - the volume of them and how proactive and observant they all are - it's highly reassuring as a parent.

All was fine until DD swallowed some water and somehow managed to cut her foot, but we were quickly given the means to sort and it was soon forgotten!

DD then headed to the playground - which she had all to herself and enjoyed her own make believe castle!

We decided to catch the boat to get some lunch and depending on which came first we'd head to Riverside or DTD. DTD won and DH requested a trip to Wolfgang Puck Express as he wanted to try the meatloaf sandwich - which he said was awesome! I had the chicken caesar salad which was also great.

Afterwards we headed to Ghirardelli to share an ice cream. we opted for the Caramel one which we fought over and all agreed we'd come back again before we go home.

We had reservations at Ohana's at 7.50pm so we headed back to the FQ and got ready.

We opted to head to Epcot (as no DTD bus arrived) to get the monorail to the transport station and then swap. It worked quite well and we arrived with plenty of time. A quick wander round the resort and we checked in and were seated about 5 minutes later.

Our table had a lovely window view and our server was great.

While DD and I wandered off to join in the dancing and get our leis, DH got stuck into the food!

Being a big fan of Man Vs Food he decided to focus on the meat and just kept going and going!

I have to say it is expensive - but the food was fabulous. The steak tender and moist, chicken, pork, wings, noodles, veggies etc. all very tasty and we didn't feel rushed or pressured at all.

After we finished we headed back to MK and caught a bus back to the hotel and loosened our belts for an early night!

Day 7

Today we had our car from Alamo. I'd arranged a shuttle through the concierge the day before (very easy!) and we were picked up at 8.40am.

Checked in and wasn't pressured at all by a lovely guy called Piere. DD loved picking her own carseat and we were given a Kia. DH has driven one before (and hates them) , but as we were only doing some shopping we weren't bothered at all.

After breakfast we headed to Super Target to pick up some bits and bobs and lots of goodies for DD's class when she returns to school. Bought some Disney t-shirts - love the fact they are so much cheaper than at Disney and the Perry ones are exactly the same!

After this, we headed to Mall at Millenia and just spent, spent spent and had a great time doing it!

Loved A&F kids as I can fit in their XL size so grabbed a few bits and bobs and then headed to GAP which had a great sale on. After A&F and Hollister we headed to The Cheesecake Factory for our lunch.

DH has been talking about the rye bread and Tuxedo Cheesecake since we left LA - so we weren't put off by the 40 minute wait as it seemed a perfect way to celebrate Fathers Day.

DD and I nipped off to Forever 21 and one bargain dress later we were just about to be seated.

I had orange chicken followed by Red Velvet Cheesecake and DH had the Bacon Burger followed by the 30th Anniversary Cheesecake which he described as 'phenomenal'!

A very full family headed lastly to Macy's where I bought some new running trainers (I've got a lot of food to work off!) and DH grabbed some Levi's and Converse.

the original plan was to return the car by 5.30 pm to get the last shuttle, but we decided to return it first thing tomorrow and head to a waterpark.

DD chose Typhoon Lagoon and we arrived about 6pm and it was very empty.

If the weather holds this is such a great time to go - no waits for anything!

After a float round the lazy river and DH and I taking turns to catch the awesome waves, DD road the small slides in bay, before graduating to the mountain slides and the family raft ride which she declared awesome!

We then headed to the Humunga Kowabunga (I think!) and rapid slides before finally arriving at the Crush n' Gusher which gave me whiplash but was great fun.

Highlights:

DD - The slide with the blue ring!

DH: Cheesecake Factory

Me: Mall at Millenia

tomorrow: Epcot!

Snafflepants x

Ps. Love the rabbit which has just crept up while we're watching the film- soooo cute!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

Very busy few days. We were at the Mall at Millennia today too. Just got takeaway cheesecake. Its a beautiful mall. DD spend a fortune in Forever 21!

A x

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

Love the report snafflepants!!!!

So much done....good on you guys :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

Great report, the food sounds delish at WPE and that caramel ice cream..... great couple of days :))

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

what a great read, never thought about nipping into the water parks at that time but what a great idea!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

what times dose the water parks close?

6. Re: Live Trip Report: Days 6&7 - R & R...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:15