We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

london
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

I'm thinking of booking the Rosen Inn or the Rosen Plaza, Pointe Orlando trip in November. I've chosen these because of their location however, I'm a little concerned about some guest reviews. The reviews for both hotels are very mixed - from really great to guests having belongings stolen from rooms (Rosen Inn). There are 24 hour security guards at the hotels which makes me wonder if there is often trouble at the hotels. Are there any locals that can give me some advice or recent guests that can tell me of their experiences? Thanks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

I know what you mean about the 24 hr security thing, when I started looking at Hotels last year I thought why do you need 24 hr security and ' gated communitys' etc not like the majority of hotels in Europe which we were used to. Must be because it's America .

I stayed at the Rosen at Pointe last Oct and am booked there again next year in March, it is motel style and the bedroom doors all face onto an outside balcony,once in your room you will read safety instructions attached to the door saying never leave door ajar,never answer the door if someone knocks on it check with security first etc etc, and to be honest I did think omg !

All that said the hotel is in a nice good area,plenty of people around and I felt ok about it all, if I didn't I wouldn't be going back with my 2 children, just be cautious as you probably would at home or away.

Can't comment on Plaza,not stayed there.

motherwell
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

I have stayed in the Rosen Inn at Pointe a couple of times and have had no problems, they have a safe in every room which is operated by putting in your own security number, therefore not easily accessable to anyone else, why not try requesting a room near the reception if you are feeling a bit wary since there are always people about this area and it is open 24/7 as to location if I was not going to a villa I would certainly go back to The Rosen Inn at Pointe since it has all been recently refurbished. Having a microwave, Fridge, Iron etc is ideal they also have laundry facilities should they be required :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

My DH worked security at that very hotel! (As well at another hotel in the area that most would never suspect had a security detail.) Security at a hotel is a very standard thing and something that is advertised well throughout the entire country.

Security is provided to just add an extra layer of comfort for guests and not because of "bad things." In such an open area as Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando it just makes sure that there aren't people loitering around that aren't hotel guests or using facilities (i.e., pools) that aren't intended for their use. Mr. Rosen provides such security at all of his properties. The security personnel also provide many services that aren't immediately visible to guests, but are essential for running a quality establishment. The image of a safe environment is of the highest importance to make sure that each hotel has return guests, as well as satisfied guests while they are on vacation!

Perception is everything and a safe environment for guests is #1! Again, providing security is one thing provided in American establishments that again makes the US different.

4. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:41