We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frank D's TR Day 8 - Home and Retrospective

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
348 reviews
Save Topic
Frank D's TR Day 8 - Home and Retrospective

I didn't get to sleep until about midnight and, just like always when I have to be up early, I was up at 3:00am. I took a shower (sorry to the hotel guest around me) and packed everything up and double checked for stuff. I got DD up at 4:40. In the car at 5:00 and off to the airport. Took the tollroad around back to Sanford and checked in the car. Was in line at Allegiant about 6:15. Through security and picked up a morning snack for DD. Flight boarded at 7:50, took off at about 8:20 and landed at South Bend at 10:30. Good flight again and mom picked us up at the airport.

Took about 4 days to get over the post Disney Trip depression.

- Some notes -

I took a little over 3700 pictures and 100 videos on my camrea. The HD video that my little Sony takes is impressive adn I love that you can take pictures while you are recording video.

Nick Hotel started rough, but in the end, it was fine. Never again though.

The Good - The Character breakfast. The room overall. My daughter loved it. Distance from everything was less than about 10 minutes. The staff. The waterslides.

The Bad - The other guests. The hot pool. the Resort Fee that Allegiant didn't cover (which I wasn't charged for last time). The parking area is a mess on the busy nights, like the weekend. I didn't sleep worth a darn on the bed.

The Parks. Loved Hollywood Studios, Epcot. Magic kingdom seemed incomplete all the construction and Animal Kingdom was too hot and humid for the amount of walking, plus DD had a really bad day there. Typhoon Lagoon was great.

The longest wait we had for a ride was about 25 minutes for Dumbo. Do as much as possible between opening and 1:00pm, just like everyone says.

We ended up seeing about 40 characters (some twice and Donald 3 times.) and waited up to 45 minutes to see Tinkerbell and Merida.

I had everyday planned somewhat planned out before we went. It went pretty well. DD had issues with intense rides, so I cut out Rock n' Roller Coaster and Mission Space, which was fine with me really.

Food - I didn't have have one meal that I would consider to be bad. It was one of the highlights of my trip this time. Coral Reef, 50s Prime Time and Sci-Fi stand out. Boatwright's and Kone Cafe were good, but I was hoping both were going to be great. This was my big chance to try a lot of them since DD will be 10 the next time around and therefore considered an adult. They really need a 10-13 menu of chicken strips and stuff like that.

Disney Pins are addicting and we probably spent the most $$ on them. I bought a nice case to keep them all in.

Crique du Soleil is awesome and a must on our next trip.

Next time, I'll be booking less dinners (maybe keep breakfast meals, which were fun and good. Buffets in general will be good. I'll look into tours, like Africa Trek.

All in all, it was a great trip that didn't have many problems. Those that popped up where not major.

Hope you enjoyed the info. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's trips until our next one!

Take Care - Frank D.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frank D's TR Day 8 - Home and Retrospective

Thanks for sharing your Holiday with us Frank, enjoyed all the TRs and this wrap up. Sorry you had the Post D Blues :(

Happy Dreaming and Planning for the Next One :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frank D's TR Day 8 - Home and Retrospective

I loved your tr's Frank!!!!! Certainly sounds like you and your daughter had a fab time :-)

Thanks for sharing!!!!

3. Re: Frank D's TR Day 8 - Home and Retrospective

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:18