We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurants in Epcot area?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, MA
Level Contributor
797 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurants in Epcot area?

Which restaurants have the best food in either Epcot or the Epcot area? How are the restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin? Is Il Mulino as good as the one in NYC? Is bluezoo as good as Olive's? Any thoughts on the restaurants in the World Showcase? How is Cat Cora's place? We are foodies and want to make the best choices!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,522 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

We really enjoyed Il Mulino (haven't been to NYC one, but did go to and enjoyed the one in Atlantic City). We like Chefs de France and Via Napoli in Epcot. Haven't been to Bluezoo, but heard good things.

pa
Level Contributor
53,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

At Epcot

Via Napoli, la Hacienda, Biergarten, Chef's de France, Coral Reef, Restaurant Marrakesh

On the Boardwalk

Big River Grill, flying Fish, Blue Zoo

Shepherdstown, West...
Level Contributor
144 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

My wife and I really like the food at Cat Cora's Kouzzina, but the place is cavernous and can be really noisy. We also like Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morroco pavilion - we celebrated her birthday there last year. It has been a while, but we really enjoyed lunch at Akershus in Norway. Back to the Boardwalk area: I've had good meals and beer at Big River Grille, but the interior is probably the noisiest restaurant ever. If it is a nice evening, you can dine outside. Finally, you will hear great things about Le Cellier in Canada. The food is excellent, but very expensive (even for WDW) and the place is very poorly run (and judging by the recent reviews, is getting worse).

Note: If you use the map function in the reviews section of Tripadvisor, you can zoom in on Epcot and The Boardwalk and find hundreds of reviews of all the restaurants in both places. Bon apetit!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

I've had one excellent meal at Bluezoo, and one very disappointing one (although I did hear people at other tables praising their meal that night) - the last so disappointing I haven't returned. The first meal was as good or better than anything I've had at Olive's, but the second meal was not. I prefer the food, decor, and atmosphere at the Flying Fish. (Also, the decor at Bluezoo really doesn't work until after dark, which is a shame in Florida.)

But my top choice in the Epcot/Epcot Resort area for a child-free meal is the Bistro de Paris in Epcot. I've had meals there that were worth flying to Florida for. Chefs de France is good but noisy, with more standard French fare - the Bistro is quieter and more elegant, with generally more inventive offerings, and a really nice atmosphere. My foodie husband went to Disney thinking he'd be eating horribly all week, but had to admit he loved the Bistro. (The French sommelier and excellent food changed his mind.)

I understand your trip is very soon, which will make it hard to get into the more popular restaurants in the parks - but I have always been able to get into the Bistro de Paris on short notice.

I also understand from your other posts that you will be staying at the Swan or Dolphin. If time permits for breakfast, Fresh at the Dolphin is quite good. If not, Picabu is fast and many steps above average.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 02:19
Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

we had a very nice meal at Cat Cora's Kouzzina, it's like being at the chef's table.

we just had a great meal at the flying fish.there crab cake is the size of a cupcake and are all crab.

now for epcot for steak Le Cellier in Canada,they have a filet that is to die for with white truffel.

for middle east food there is Restaurant Marrakesh.

thease are the resturants that i have dined at and enjoyed.

hope you find what you like and have a great time...

Edited: 23 June 2012, 08:21
Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

We (myself, DH, DD (18) and DS (9) just ate at Via Napoli last week and we would not go back. The food was good, but for what you got, it was expensive. We are not big eaters and don't mind paying for good food, but $22 for a ceasar salad is a bit much.

My DD (18) ordered chicken parm and wanted spaghetti, instead of the potatos that came with it. They do not substitute and wanted to charge and extra $7.00 for a side of spaghetti on top of the $26.00 price for the entree. Everything is ala carte - no salad or veggie with the meal. So, we ordered the $22 salad for the 4 of us to share (and that was each getting a tiny portion). My DS ordered a kids meal and soft drinks are not permitted as a drink option, so we had to pay $2.99 for him to have a root beer with dinner.

We have never had these issues with substituting at any other Disney restaurant.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

Definitely agree with Flying Fish. Ate ther a bout a year ago and LOVED it.

One of our new favorites is Tokyo Dining at the Japan Pavillion. We were seated by the windows the last time we were there, and the view of World Showcase and the lagoon is lovely. The service was perfect...our server was attentive and knowlegeable, but not overbearing, and the food was excellent. If you like sushi, this is the place to go.

8. Re: Best restaurants in Epcot area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:15