We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentalcars.com

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rentalcars.com

Hi,

we need to book car hire for our first trip to Orlando in August & have come across rentalcars.com

I would appreciate if anyone can advise about them or any other car hire company that can be recommended.

We need to book a standard SUV & need to make sure that we do end up paying over the odds.

Thanks

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rentalcars.com

I used them in May. I actually phoned them to check they existed because they were so cheap! The car hire was actually with Dollar. Excellent!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rentalcars.com

they used to be carhire3000, and I have used them loads of times.

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rentalcars.com

thanks Mwmw07 & amanx

kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rentalcars.com

After researching the hire car companies and making lots of phone calls to try to secure a Dodge Charger, ( Ok Im a car nut but who would not want to rent one!) I Hired from Rentalcars last December. I was led to believe that although they will not guarantee this car at least it was available. Actually the car had not been part of their fleet for a long time and I never actually had any chance of getting one. In addition I was told that the rental i had purchased had all insurance covered, that to turned out to be a lie. I had to pay for roadside assistance as an extra which was expensive. I ended up with a nasty SUV, you can imagine how this spoilt my holiday as I was looking forward to a vehicle with a bit of life.

I consider this very sharp practice, next time I will spend a little more and get what I really wanted. Shame on you Rentalcars for spoiling my holiday experience.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rentalcars.com

I used them when they were carhire3000 once and it was just ok.

Try www.tripwheels.com/floridacarhire they were carhireflorida.net, I have been very impressed with them since I started using them :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rentalcars.com

If you have gone for the all inclusive package from places like carhire3000 or usrentacar then you do not need to pay for anything more even if the clerk insists on extra breakdown cover.

You have to be savvy and say NO. Don't be tricked into buying something that you don't need.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rentalcars.com

DavePolly,

I am sorry that your experience of car hire wasn't what you were expecting. However, if you had done some research (possibly on these forums) you would have understood that none of the car rental companies will guarantee you a particular make of vehicle. Regardless of which broker you use, if you chose to rent through Alamo, you have a choice of vehicles from the category you have paid for.

You would also have been pre-warned about 'upselling' and extra charges that ALL the rental companies try to get you to have.

We had a choice of standard SUV's and chose a Hyundai Sante Fe which had a large boot and was very comfortable.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rentalcars.com

Yea,

I once tried to book a Chrysler Town and Country years ago as we had been given one the year before that had a DVD in it. I tried everything but not a single one would guarantee a particular car make, the stock reply was "you can book the category, not the car"

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Rentalcars.com

Rentalcars.com is a rip-off. There are two extra pages of fine print, buried in which is the stipulation that you have to buy a full tank of gas in advance. That's stupid for a short term rental, and Dollar charged $75 to do this for a compact car! Just another unethical company trying to make a profit through subterfuge rather than integrity.

10. Re: Rentalcars.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 22:35