We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpark, BB or TL

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Waterpark, BB or TL

Hello

We are thinking of visiting one of the 2 Disney waterparks tomorrow. Would you recommend BB or TL for girls 9 and 11? Any other tips for our waterpark visit?

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
orlando
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

BB has more thriller rides, imo, I would choose that one.

Do they swim well? <-- though both parks are very safe

Are they afraid of heights?

Edited: 29 June 2012, 00:32
pa
Level Contributor
54,491 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

We are Blizzard Beach Fans, Kids love it :)

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…blizzard.htm

Use sunscreen, apply often. Wear watershoes, the pavements can get quite hot. Have Fun

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

They like heights and are ok swimmers but I do not think they want to try the biggest rides but they like tuberides. Family rides and lasy river is the only thing I will try.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

I prefer TL but maybe that's becauseI am a non swimmer?! I loved the lazy river and I even went on Crush n Gusher with my Husband and Son!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

Another vote for blizzard beach - my 10 & 8 year old love it! Wear water shoes as ground is concrete (sun bathing areas sand) & can be hot & rough. Be careful in wave pool as floor is rough also had a few scrapes!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

Hi-My vote is for TL if you are going during a crowded time. Although BB seemed on the surface to have more rides, etc that my boys would like, the wait time for many of them was crazy (and we get there 1st thing in the AM, too). Because one of the main attractions at TL is the gigantic wavepool, it seems to make the lines more manageable (I think because a) if there are huge lines you can always go to the wavepool and , b) so many people are enjoying the wavepool that they are not in line for other things.)

This is just based on our own experience going in mid-june.

Kelly

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

i dont think it is possible for me to visit a waterpark without a few scrapes whether it be toes on the floor in the lazy river/wave pool or scraped knees and elbows. I sort of expect it now.

I prefer BB but both disney waterparks have there good points so if you could try to squeeze in both.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,067 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

I liked TL and it was fun and seemed to have something for everybody.

9. Re: Waterpark, BB or TL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:16