We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot food and wine festival

Reut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Epcot food and wine festival

Hi Everyone,

My family will be in Orlando a week before the festival starts, for 2 weeks. We have 3 kids ages 8,13,16, who are not very interested in food ( the adults are). This is our first time visiting DisneyWorld.

I wanted to ask whether we should go to Epcot before the festival starts, in order to avoid the crowds, or to make an effort and go during the festival, so we can enjoy it as well? We have allocated only one day for visiting Epcot.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

We love the F & D festival at EPCOT, I would say go for it, avoid the weekends though as it does get busier with locals visiting.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
n9
New London...
Level Contributor
911 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

go before, there is so much to do and enjoy for the kids, and the 'festival' really offers tastes of things at the different stations around the world showcase, all of them are a bit overpriced.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

We were there a couple of years ago at the Food and Wine Festival and although it was good, we thought the food was a bit expensive for the very small portions they gave you.

Reut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

Thank you to everyone for your answer. I think we will indeed go before to avoid possible crowds.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

Yes. Avoid it because it will be very crowded :/

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

Why should they avoid going there we love it there the kids love it when its food &wine festival its a snack price and its a snack You get a taste of the different food , You don´t have to try it all either You can also buy a little giftcard with say 10 dollars on a use that when going around snacking

Well worth to go on the Food & wine festival their boots are where the countrys are so not really affecting the rides area just my opinon it seems , but hey ho going in October and is so looking forward to the Polish saugage´s again

mmm nam , nam

orlando
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

I personally adore the food and wine festival and have gone every year for 5 years. Though I admit, the cost of admission to the park + food is quite exorbitant, it is still a really great experience.

We go early and start our rounds as soon as the booths open to avoid the crowds. Though, long before we go, I make a list of the booths that I most want to visit to make the 'most bang for our buck.'

Here is a link to my review (with photos) a few years back of our experience (sorry, I haven't written any recent reviews, but the prices listed sound amazingly the same):

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d1265…

Without the food and wine festival, I'd honestly probably skip Epcot :P

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

lol mutter!!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

I think Epcot merits two days to see the park properly. If you can go once before and once during. If you really do have only one day I would go during the festival but avoid a weekend if you can.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot food and wine festival

We went last year during the festival, we had 4 kids with us 16 tp 8. They very much enjoyed it. We had the Disney dining plan (got it free with our package) and with the dining plan we were able to use it at the festival and eat for free. At night everyone was at the festival so we pretty much walked on to the rides. The kids enjoyed trying all the different foods, and it was a great cause we could use the dining plan for everything.