We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

As a family of four we can interested in seeing a NFL game while in USA. We have noted a game available on 21 st October in Tampa Bay and will have a car to drive down. I'm trying to check out how to get tickets and have seen that you can buy them through Ticketmaster, but they do seem a little expensive and not in good sections. Are we able to just turn up on the day and buy tickets at the gate. Does anyone have any advise on this and also if it is worth the time to see the game.

Thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

I wouldn't advocate turning up on the day - (who are they playing? it could make a big difference to availability of tickets?) I would try stub hub - they act as a broker for fans to sell tickets if they aren't going to the game, often season ticket holders. You see the seats and the asking price and there is also a guarantee. It may be difficult to get 4 together in a good section though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Thanks for the quick reply Martin. They are playing New Orleans Saints. Would that make a difference? I'll have a look at stub hub.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

They are in the same conference so they are one of the teams that are constant rivals ie they play home and away each season so it will be a big game! Stub Hubs a good bet - let me know how you get on.

Cumbernauld, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Hi Jenny,

I have purchsaed tickets for Sept' 9th game against Carolina Panthers, I used Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange, same as stub hub, buying from fans who don't want to use them.

I was able to buy my preferred seat choice and yes it was kinda expensive but it means I know exactly where I'll be sitting........................... and it's another 'once in a lifetime' opportunity! lol

I also chose to print an e-ticket (not sure that I seen this option with stubhub) which means I don't have to wait for the postie :-)

Edited: 01 July 2012, 10:43
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Yes you can print an e ticket with Stub - Hub, they both provide a similar service to fans - Hope you get sorted, I'm going to be in Miami and as an avid Dolphins fan I'm looking forward to seeing 2 games - the first of which is against Tampa Bay :-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

May I point out that it's pre- season games so tickets are easier to get hold of - you are going to a regular season game which is a different proposition!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Do you follow and understand American football? If not, I would think that unless you were in very good seats close to the field, watching a whole game in person wouldn't be that much fun. I've been to one game, sitting about halfway up near an end zone and it just wasn't that exciting. You can't really see much of what is going on so you end up watching the TV screens. Add the cost of parking, the super high food and beverage prices, and traffic hassles, I just can't see it being a worthwhile outing for a family with little interest in the game. That said, if your whole family enjoys football, I've seen legitimate tickets sell for $9 each once the season gets started. That was via ticket exchange sites.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Professional football tickets are expensive. If your family aren't particularly Bucs fans but just love the sport you should try college ball. Not sure how long you're in town but USF plays at the Bucs stadium (they're out of town on Oct 20 though). Also UCF plays in east Orlando in a stadium on their campus. You could easily get tickets to either of those for a decent price.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

Thanks for all the info. We have never seen a game of American football but thought that it might be an interesting thing to do with the kids aged 14 and 11. We will be in Orlando from 14th October to 1 st November.

GK95 how would I get tickets for the UCF game in east Orlando?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets for NFL game in Tampa Bay

I recently used Stub Hub to purchase tickets to a NFL game in New Jersey for October. I reccomend that website!