We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

I am going to Disney's Polynesian Resort in August, I am flying Southwest Airlines. I would like to know what accommodations that the SW provides. Also, what snacks do they have?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

Katie, I don't really understand the question. Do you mean what type of seats Southwest has? Do you mean what class of service they have? Your question is very confusing.

donna

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

Very small seats and tiny bags of snacks-this is a bare bones airlines to the max. Make sure you get into seating group A-their planes fly full most of the time and anything other than A will get you a miserable choice, SWA is cheap and that's all I can say about it-very uncomfortable,little or no service

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

FWIW, we really like Southwest as opposed to some other airlines. My DH feels that their seats have more room than some other airlines. We usually get 2 or 3 bags of snacks, but then we aren't traveling on anyone's plane for the snacks. Friendly personnel and great on-time service. At least that is our opinion after being in a market for several years that Southwest was the major carrier.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

We just took Southwest to to Orlando and both flights( we changed in Baltimore) were over an hour late so our first time with them will be our last.

pa
Level Contributor
54,006 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

Did you book a Southwest package ? If so, what room category have you booked for the Polynesian ?

As far as flying with Southwest, we love Southwest, fly with them alot, don't recall any delays except for a flight home from Orlando once, about 3 years ago, the Northeast was having quite an awful Storm, we wouldn't have been able to land if we had taken off, the delay wasn't Southwest's fault

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

Southwest brings around big baskets of packaged Nabisco cookies and you can help yourself to several of them.. more free food than I have gotten on any other airline in the US. And I believe stats show they have one of the best on time records- delays happen to every airine but it has been years since SWA has been late for me ( just had a horrrid experience with Delta in Atlanta two days ago- so bad we all got e-mailed letters of apology today ).

I love SWA and hope others will give them a try!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

well we have flown airtran and it was ok,you got drinks and snacks no issues.

i also fly jet blue the same thing no issues.

but i have never flown SW i just to worried. i used to watch airline a tv show about south west air.now they have a new show about SW and it the same as the 1st one.

so i don't see my self flying them any time soon unless they offer me a free trip for my family then i will give them a try. ;o)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,695 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

We only use Jet Blue, love them, they have pretty roomy seats. I agree with you davsbabe, after watching that show recently, why would anyone fly southwest...lol

9. Re: Southwest to my baby Polynesian!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 10:15