We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney refillible mug

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disney refillible mug

Hi

Can someone explain the options of getting a refillible mug at Disney, I ideally want to just pay for a mug and use it as much as possible rather than buying drinks each time. I wanted to ask is it only people staying at resorts that can purchase these or can you buy these at the parks. Also is there anything to stop me waling into a resort and just buying one as I would be staying off site?

Thanks for any information on this.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney refillible mug

Anyone can buy one, but the system only works at the resort food court, not the parks, so if you are not staying at a Disney resort there is no point.

The waterparks do have a refill mug. It's different than the resort refill mug. Anyone can purchase. There are stations throughout the water park, you scan the barcode, you fill your cup.

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney refillible mug

Ok thanks for this,

So how does it work at the park, can you only buy like one drink at a time and it is filled up behind the counter? there are no like self service drink things.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,900 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney refillible mug

There are no self service drink machines in the parks. You pay for each drink and they are filled behind the counter. You cannot use your re-fillable mugs in the parks unless you fill them at a drinking fountain with water. The parks don't sell them and won't refill them. They can only be filled in the resort they are bought at.

Donna

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney refillible mug

At the parks you can't pay for the same size drink and have them put it in the mug--like at Starbucks--I bring my mug or cup and they fill it for me so I don't waste a paper or plastic cup.

And dbabe--there were some self service drink stations when we were then last year--I specifically remember one at HS--have those been removed? I'm pretty sure I remember being able to fill my water bottle up at them.

Edited: 07 July 2012, 02:47
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney refillible mug

You can get water free at Disney parks.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney refillible mug

there are counter service resturants at epcot that have drink ststions where you can refill your paper cup you buy at that counter service resturant,but also know that they have cast members watching the stations for people that try and refill there resort mugs.

also if you buy a resort mug you can refill it at the quick service resturant at that resort, but for what you pay there is realy no reason to buy them unless you are staying at a disney resort.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,940 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney refillible mug

Many of the park counter service restaurants have self service soda machines but you have to buy a soda first,then you can refill it-but you can't come back later and refill once you exit the restaurant

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,900 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney refillible mug

I don't remember any at HS but I could be wrong. The only place I know of is at Epcot in the Land pavillion. I've actually never refilled a drink there since you need to go back past the registers to get to the drink station.

Donna

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney refillible mug

You can purchase refillable soft drinks at Electric Umbrella & Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, Backlot Express in Disney's Hollywood Studios, Restaurantasaurus at Animal Kingdom and Earl of Sandwich & Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. These are not using the resort mugs though, you can only refill your drink for that one visit to the dining location.

You can get free iced water at any counter service location that sells fountain drinks.

You would get zero use out of a refillable resort mug unless you planned to visit their food court to eat each day, which I doubt is very practical if you're staying off site.

10. Re: Disney refillible mug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16