We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

South Elmsall
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Hi,

We have booked a 5 bed Gold Villa with Thomson for May 2013 & we did some research previously & they seemed to get some decent reviews, hence booking it! But, i would appreciate some honest opinions from people who have been themselves if possible, some handy tips etc.

We are flying from Birmingham to Sanford with Thomson.

Thankyou :))

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

We had a Thomson 'Platinum' villa booked at Windsor Hills in May this year. Unfortunately it wasn't the standard it should have been and we were very disappointed. It was very shabby and we didn't even have spare sheets to change the beds! I wrote to Thomson's on my return (after emailing them from Kissimmee)and they didn't even bother to give me a reply. It was also reported to Hotelbeds in Kissimmee and the Management Company. None of whom were interested either. I would never book a villa with Thomson ever again.

This is my review:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g34612-d11688…

If you haven't booked a named community you could find your villa is a considerably way from Disney!

I like flying into Sanford as it is a small airport and quick and easy to get through.

Regards,

Deaconblue

UK
Level Contributor
423 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

I booked a bronze Villa and after "cockroachgate" we got moved to a 4 bed superior villa, which we were told was a Gold in Thomson speak. I would have been disappointed if that was the one I had got as a gold customer. The carpets were heavily stained, we got infested with ants and the pool wasn't too clean, although the rain washes all the dirt off the mesh. The beds were fine and it had Wifi which the bronze didn't have. The location was fine, about 10-15 mins to Disney which was the only park we were visiting. Thomson customer service in resort was shocking and they tried to give us a tiny amount of compensation in resort if we signed out right away to claim further once back in the UK, luckily I read the document first and refused. Others in here have had great villas, Trill for example.

South Elmsall
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Ahh well im not too sure how i feel now!! It all seems to have very mixed reviews, tbh things like scratches, chips of paint here & there don't bother me too much, what house is immaculate to not have little things like that here & there that need sorting from time to time?

We're not expecting total luxury because it is just a villa, but what we do expect is to walk in & it to be clean, tidy & completely liveable for our duration.

Im a little confused as to the representation from Thomson over there though. Is it just a desk at the airport & no rep's around the villa sites? Is it just a management company that you deal with that Thomson have booked the villa's through?

Our main concern is if we get there & the villa isn't what we deemed for Gold standard, who do we go to? Our villa is in Kissimee so im not worried about distances to parks etc.

Thankyou! :)

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Your first port of call is to Thomson and then report anything broken or missing or dirty to the management company -their details should be in the house somewhere.Take pictures of anything wrong.

The trouble with AOA homes is that the owners do not get much money for them so a lot of the time they don't have the $$ to upgrade , replace and repair as is needed .

You should expect a decent place to stay and in my book that means not having chipped paintwork or marks on carpets ,broken or useless utensils .You have worked and saved hard for your holiday and you deserve a good base to stay in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

If you have only paid your deposit, don't go!! I am currently in a Gold Villa with my family. We have moved once and are still not happy. The first villa was definately not gold. This one is but we still have problems, no clean bedding (3 week holiday!) YUK!! Pool lights don't work, spa end to dirty to use. The management company are aggressive and Thomson not interested. Spent just short of £8,000.00 and the first villa had so many problems I just can't list them here, yet. It was down right neglected and shabby. SAVE YOUR MONEY, BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS AND VILLA SEPARATELY. I will post more as this develops, as it most definately will!!! And we are not even home yet.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Caroline, I was just wondering where your villa is. Ours at Windsor Hills had similar problems. We didn't have any spare bedding and when I called 'The Florida Store', the management company, they practically called me a liar! If you had to go to Hotelbeds on the 192 to sign for your villa Thomson have a rep there but only for a couple of hours on a morning. We even had rusty pots and pans, but as I wasn't going to be cooking anything that wasn't a problem. I would suggest that if you can get on to Thomson's FaceBook page and put something on there. You might get a better response.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Deaconblue

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Any home that does not have spare bedding or at least 2 towels of each size per person is not sticking to their licensing requirements.

My home sleeps up to 12 and I have at least 60 bath sheets and hand towels .

You pay good ,hard earned money for your holiday you are entitled to good accommodation and one that is up to standard.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

Hiya Chappy,

Weve been with Thomsons twice now and have been fine..

BUT,

weve, on both times know the location we was going to, and the villas have been lovely, we went to Cumbrian lakes on both occassions.

All i can recommend is see if you can change you booking to a name area (checking the reviews of the villas first)..I'm sure you will be able to and at least you know exactley where you are going and how to get there before you fly out..

Hope this helps a bit..

Trill

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

I know it's been a long time since you posted, but we too are staying in a 5 bed 'Gold Villa' and I was trying to find out a bit more information about them and management companies which Thomson let from.

Please do update when you return home.

Does anyone else have any more experience of these Villas?

10. Re: Thomson Gold Villa's - Advice,Experience,reviews please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 07:19