We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filling up rental car before flight home

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Filling up rental car before flight home

Hi-was wondering what gas station you would suggest for filling up before returning rental car to MCO-we'll be coming from Bay Lake Towers-we have an early flight, do you think it's ok to fill up the night before? Or is there a station with normal prices on the way that is easy to stop by-don't want to stop by the ones by the airport with their rip off prices! Just curious, In NJ now, gas is about $3.25, what's the prices down in Orlando now? Boy, I hate talking about returning the rental car, when we haven't even gotten there yet! (2 weeks from Tues we're there!!!)

Thanks!!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,686 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

"Or is there a station with normal prices on the way that is easy to stop by-don't want to stop by the ones by the airport with their rip off prices!"

Go to the airport area and find State Road 436 (Semoran Blvd.). Go north on Semoran a few stop lights past the two stations that rip off tourists. Go to the intersection at Hoffner and you will see a 7-11 on the right corner and a Mobil station on the left side. Both have normal prices.

"Just curious, In NJ now, gas is about $3.25, what's the prices down in Orlando now? "

They're all here: myfoxorlando.com/category/233806/pump-patrol

Va
Level Contributor
10,661 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

I usually fill up in the lbv area and it is still on full when I get to the airport. If I forget I go to the station Vic is talking about down semoran past the two that gouge.

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

Thanks! Just wondering..are those gas stations with the high prices near the airport displaying their prices? They were even in the news up here awhile back about their prices not being posted (or not being posted clearly). Thanks for your help!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,686 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

Yes, they are showing their prices, but try to find the sign.

One is Suncoast Energys (The Landing Strip)

5928 Butler National Dr at S Semoran Blvd

Orlando, FL, 32822-5084

The other one is directly across the street from it.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 03:14
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

I always fill up (as far as it will go!!) at the Chevron on the corner of Idrive and South Kirkman Rd. From there to the airport is less than 20miles so by the time we get to the airport the fuel gauge is still showing full.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 08:38
New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

thanks all! It sounds like as long as we fill up around the disney area, the tank will show full at the airport-

7. Re: Filling up rental car before flight home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:45