We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA Renewal

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA Renewal

Just thought I would warn everyone about what happend to us.

We took out our ESTA before you had to pay for them. As we did not travel till 2 months later I assumed (wrongly) that was when it would start. Therefore I was surprised a few days ago to receive an email to say that it was running out next month. Thank goodness they did email me as we are going at the end of the month and I could have turned up without one. The annoying thing is my DH passport runs out in Feb 13 so his will only be valid for 8 months.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA Renewal

I know the feeling, i've just renewed ours because we need them for Sept but our passports expire next year so we will have to renew them again once we get our new passports.

Make sure you use the correct site and only pay $14, take a look at the sticky by Prospect at the top of the forum.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA Renewal

Thanks - -already done and printed off.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA Renewal

Same thing happened to us...I put a thread up the other week about it.Our Estas all applied for at the same time shouldn't have run out until Sept 2013 lucky I checked as only mine was valid and the rest of the family all had to reapply for new Estas. It was nothing to do with needing a new passport as everyones was valid for a good few more years. Think it must have been an error in the system.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA Renewal

Yes all our free ones ran out last year. My girls had to have new ones for last years holiday as they both had new passports but we continued to use the free one. Now the remaining three of us need to pay for a new one. Thy do email you like you say.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA Renewal

They didn't email us!!! Just discovered when I checked myself

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ESTA Renewal

If you did not put an email during your ESTA application, you will not get a mail saying it's about to expire.

Also wonder how one would think it only start when you actually travel, when you are authorized the actual expiry date is on your screen and on the page one should really always print out for your records and for future use.

7. Re: ESTA Renewal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:17