We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

i was in car accident on Tuesday my car written off :( not my fault she went into the back of me and accepted liberality . its been a hard week and painful one as well , had to buy new suit case with 4 wheels and repack , get pillow for my neck, no way is this car accident stopping me . we are soooo sooo excited have butter flys in our belly . any advice for the flight i would be great full as i ace all on my left side , do i get deep heat patches will they help , i have pain in my leg shoulder arm back and bum , will be seeing my Dr Monday any help would be great full for to cope with flight ,

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

How awful for you - at least you've got your holiday to look forward too.

I've had severe whip lash and physio was brilliant for it. I also had a session of accupuncture which was amazing. Maybe you could squeeze it in before you go.

Obviously see what you dr says but my hot water bottle was my saviour and pain killers with rest

Hope you're ok x

kent
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

Oh no so close to your holiday,I think the only thing that would help you would be pain killers ( strong ones from dr.) you are probably deeply bruised and you will have to let the bruising come out (arnica cream will bring the bruising out faster ) so sorry you had an accident hope your feeling better soon x

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

aww no i hope the the holiday makes you feel better and the sunshine does too.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

Thank you am sooo sooo gutted have only just come to terms with it , a lot to take in , i just need to manage my pain now on flight and worried about walking round the parks . , hot water bottle i will not be able to have on the flight i dont no do you no ??? think but if i can or any one knows that would be great am flying with BA am sooo gutted its unreal , my kids was not in the car with me thank god , just need to no if anyone can with pain .

kent
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

You can get heat pads from boots, you stick them on your skin and they last several hours, if your hotel has a hot tub then when you arrive a soak in there may help

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

I know how you feel, was in a bad wreck 4 years ago. By the sounds of things, you are going to need a lot of rest and recovery. I had to have physiotherapy, see a chiropractor, massage therapy and do exercise therapy for quite some time before I felt normal again. For some quick relief, pain killers, and a lot of slow stretching and movements.

I really hope your doctor will clear you to go. If he does, if you planned on theme parks, do take it easy. Rides may not be your friend after a car accident and stay away from ones where you can be easily bounced around.

Wish you the best!!!! :-)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

thanks BG and CDN need any advice i can right now will not be dong any rides just kids ones , will be getting deep heat can i take hot water bottle on do any one know ???? its taken a few days to sink in was such a mess all week now got my self together and just worried about flight now and walking round the parks but still gutted very very gutted about all this but am thinking straight now

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

we got rear ended in our car on our first day on our first visit to florida luckily we wasn't injured. I somehow injured myself more last year one night when i fell over a big parking bollard in hollywood studios car park after taking the short cut through the disabled parking area in error. It was one of those running falls that you can't do anything about and I went down like a tonne of bricks. Next day couldnt move my arms or laugh and my chest was black with bruises and my back was sore too.Took weeks to feel normal again.I shouted "who the hell put that there" lol.whilst checking no one was looking.

Edited: 14 July 2012, 20:33
Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

I can't see why you couldn't take an empty hot water bottle on the plane and have the staff fill it for you during the flight. I can't stress the stretching enough, especially during your flight. Ask your doc for specific stretches for your pain areas. Even see if you can get in for a physio appt or something before you leave.

If needed, rent a motorized scooter for yourself to make mobility around the parks easier. I would much rather shell out some extra money than to be in pain trying to walk around the parks.

When something like this happens, it is completely overwhelming, never mind it happening right before a big vacation. Try and get lots of rest in the next few days so that you can bear the flight.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what a week :( but 3 days to go now :)

I'm sure boots at the airport will have stuff you can buy after security.