We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Restaurants

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Restaurants

Hi,

We're travelling to Orlando in August for 2 weeks and are staying at the Lake Buena Vista village resort.

I just wanted to get advice on good indian restaurants that people are able to recommend. Is there any indian restaurants on Boadwalk?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 16 July 2012, 15:07
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Restaurants

As far as I am aware there are no decent Indian restaurants in Orlando.(We have never actually found a dccent Indian restaurant anywhere in the USA that we have been to) There are no Indian restaurants at WDW anywhere, including the Boardwalk.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Restaurants

Orlando is not a place for good ethnic food of any persuasion, especially since it is "chain restaurant city".

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Restaurants

Wait until you are back in Leicester.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Restaurants

Agree with USlovers yet to find a good Indian restaurant in the US

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,137 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Restaurants

Don't bother - stick to what the US does best which isn't Indian food in Orlando

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Restaurants

Avoid !!

Simples ....

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Restaurants

There is NO such thing as a decent curry in Orlando, or at least I have yet to find one !

Closest I got was Saana at Animal Kingdom Lodge although not a "curry" it was nice tasty, spicy food.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Restaurants

Orlando is the headquarters for Darden, a major chain restaurant company, and the city is infested with chains. I have limited experience with Indian or Indian-style food in the US (and even less in England), but Memories of India seemed quite good (it was recommended by my dentist, who is from an Indian family). It and more are listed at Scott Joseph's website, which has all sorts of other independent local options.

www.scottjosephorlando.com/index.php…

If you're wary of Indian, try Thai, Vietnamese, and sushi alternatives.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,701 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Restaurants

Hiya Kaj~~~~~argree with the other people.

However..if you're looking for dinner on Disney's Boardwalk,I think Kouzzina is nice. It's a bit out of the ordinary $$$. Here's the menu.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_kouzd.htm

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Restaurants

Thanks guys,

It's not something that is a problem for me, more so for my father who is going to find it difficult without indian food for 2 weeks.

Thanks BlueRusso, i'll definitely have a look into that restaurant.