We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

Anybody have experience with either of these? Preferences?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

Have used both. Started using Small World but ended up using Dreamsunlimitedtravel on a regular basis. Love having the same Agent to handle all our Holidays. Very reliable

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

I have had great experiences working with Dreams Unlimited.

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

Thank you both for the replies. Believe it or not, I have never used a travel agent before. I always book the vacations myself via travel websites. Wen you pay, are you paying the travel agency or Disney?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

Avoid the middlemen. My experience with Dreams Unlimited was that they were offering a more expensive package then I could have gotten on my own. My agent simply didn't put any effort in helping us plan our trip. Us the Disney website it is simple and hassle free.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

The Disney discounts are the same whether you use AAA, Dreams Unlimited, or Disney website. Believe me, I checked and double checked.

The advantage to using an agency like Dreams Unlimited is that they email you as soon as a new offer comes out, and will apply the latest discounts to your reservation for you. This is great if you are really busy and don't have time to be checking every day for the latest deals.

We used Dreams Unlimited on this past trip and were very satisfied with them. We always got prompt replies to our emails. When I knew we would be getting Annual Passes, I just emailed our agent and she applied the new discount. You do it all by email and don't have to waste time on hold on the phone.

Mackenzie, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

I went with Small World (Carrie), and it's been great, no dealing with buggy DW websites, or confirming stuff on the phone with resorts or anything!

I hear good things about Dreams as well, though..

Edited: 04 January 2013, 05:26
Mackenzie, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

PS case in point, disney website has been useless all week..

As for travel agents getting you worse deals than you could have gotten yourself, I don't see how it's possible, considering they guarantee to apply any applicable discounts that come up between booking and your trip.. Pretty sure Disney doesn't do this..

Maybe Bosentang refers to flights?

You pay the agency, the agency pays Disney, Disney sends all the stuff to the agency, the agency goes through it all, makes sure it's all right, then sends it on to you..

Edited: 04 January 2013, 05:31
8. Re: Dreams unlimited or small world vacations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:15