We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
382 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

Anyone have experience on this ride with their 5-6 year old kids? Our 5 yo is very adventurous, our 6 yo not as much.

hamilton, scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

Came back last week, personally my 5 year old son loved it... Was quite mild compared to some of the other rides he was on lol... Expedition everest was his favourite! Have a fab time xx

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

My kids loved it at that age! My son rode it repeatedly when he was 5 and 6. My daughter was about a half-inch too short soon after she turned 4 and she was devastated, but when we were back when she was 6 it was one if the first things she wanted to ride, and she did it repeatedly.

Aside from the obvious ... it's a log flume with an impressive drop at the end ... Splash Mountain is a great example of the Disney magic. There is about a 10-minute ride before the drop. Great Disney audio-animatronics along with music and lighting tell a story. It's a lot of fun and would be a worthwhile ride even without the drop at the end.

Edited: 28 July 2012, 12:26
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,018 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

Our adventurous DS loved it from the first. When our very cautious DD tried it at seven she was miserable the whole time anticipating the big drop. In the ride photo you can see my husband and son laughing and with their arms up in the air. Only the top of my head is visable because I'm desperately trying to hold DD who disappeared into the leg space at the front of the log. (Fortunately, Disney has since installed lap bars!) She didn't attempt it again for three years!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

Maybe try Pirates of the Caribbean first? There is a mild drop on that ride. If your 6 year old doesn't like that, Splash Mountain would be out. We convinced our 7 yo to try it this year, and he liked it but didn't want to ride it again.

5. Re: Splash mountain with 5-6 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:16