We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top tips

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
top tips

Right everyone.....

As far as I can tell we havent had a top tips question in a while (what with all the fun and games about tipping going on) so I thought Id start one.

We are off in less than 2 weeks (yippee!!!) and Im starting to compile a list of all the things I need to do/pack/think about before we go. We are staying at Floriday's Resort for 3 weeks, with a car and will be going to WDW, Universal and a beach during our stay. We've been before but Im always forgetting stuff and need you guys to help make the most of this holiday.

Going through security in Hyde park the other day to watch the Olympics on the big screen, reminded me of my top tip of :

Don't take a bag/rucksack with too many pockets as it takes blooming ages for security into the parks to check Every.Single.Pocket.

Last trip we bought a bag from Walmart that was brilliant value and excellent quality but it has about a million zipped pockets and we could have got into the parks so much quicker with a bag with one big pocket.

Another tip is to take a collapsible laundry basket with a handle on it, to shove all your dirty clothes into and then be able to either pack it easily on the way home straight into your suitcase, or carry it too and from the laundry rooms, so you dont drop dirty underwear all along your hotel corridor!

Going to Universal, there is apparently a side entrance which is often quieter and avoids some of crush, so we are going to try and track that down this time.

What else can people think of?

Thanks Guys!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: top tips

The usual laminated photocopies of passports, will stop you losing passport bringing it for ID and lamination will stop the copy going soggy in water parks etc

Another common one, bring bottles of ice with you, will melt during the day giving you nice cold water.

Go straight to the back of theme parks and work your way to the front.

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top tips

Not thought of laminating them before. Good tips. Thanks!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: top tips

Take very little luggage out with you, allowing space in your luggage for

the bargains you'll want to bring back.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
992 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top tips

Don't wear a belt on the flight. I forgot and it's such a pain having to take it off then put it back on along with your shoes and grabbing your hand luggage and children! Take a spray bottle of water with you, even just a small one - heavenly. Don't buy your theme park souvenirs until the end so you don't have to carry them on rides with you - especially on the water rides.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 23:09
dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: top tips

Colour catcher ......saves having to separate everything,and since you have your washing machine in floridays,you can use it everyday if needed.

ziploc bags for camera phone etc on blutos barges etc

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: top tips

Don't spend lots of money on expensive binoculars. Just stand a lot closer to the object that you wish to view ;).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: top tips

purex laundry sheets you can take them in your carry on luggage,

Bandaids for blisters,cold medicine and vicks

make dining reservations early

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: top tips

why do u need id in parks? shouldnt the key to the world card be enough to get in? we dont drink alchol so would we still need to take id everyday?

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: top tips

woffer, excellent tip there. I will take heed of that when I visit the Everglades ;-)))))

Dungannon, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: top tips

Do you need Id to enter the parks? I think you do for discovery cove but so they except copied laminated ones??