We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk Condos next week.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
577 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boardwalk Condos next week.

We are staying at the Boardwalk staring on the 18th for a week. Does anyone have any hints, good or bad, about the place. There are 12 of us and we have 2 two-bedrooms condos. We are excited but I am sure there are people out there who might have some suggestions about do's and doen'ts. Thanks in advance. (7 adults - 5 kids)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
711 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

Enjoy, I know you will.

We too will be staying there next year, so I look forward to your trip report.

pa
Level Contributor
54,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

The Boardwalk Inn & Villas are Swell. Plenty of fun will be had I am sure. Here is a bit of lite reading about your chosen Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

We've stayed at the Boardwalk Inn Villas and really can't think of any negatives, except the car park is a long way from the hotel (but there's nothing you can do about that) and some of the rooms are a bit of a trek to the lobby.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

We stayed at Beach Club this summer, which is right across the lake. It is so amazing to be able to walk to Epcot! Two nights we walked over to have quick service dinner at World Showcase. We also passed people who had obviously been sent on food foraging trips by others in their party, returning across the walkway with boxes of takeout food. Maybe a suitable punishment for a misbehaving teen? :) You'll hear Illuminations starting at Epcot at 9:00. It startled my in-laws, who were not expecting it!

On some of the buses and boats, they announced that you could save time getting to the Boardwalk by exiting at the Swan and walking across the walkway between resorts. (Otherwise, you had to stay on the bus as it went on to Yacht Club and Beach Club before returning to Boardwalk.) We didn't try this, as the distance to the Beach Club would be a little longer, but depending on where you are at Boardwalk it might be useful.

The bakery at the Boardwalk has delicious treats and would be wonderful for a morning or afternoon stop.

That's all I can think of for now...the whole Epcot resorts area is lovely and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay!

Homer Glen, IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

I stayed at 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk last year. The resort is gorgeous, the location is fantastic, and there are plenty of restaurants.

My only complaints:

1) The dining options by the pool area are poor. They have a bar near the pool, however it has a VERY limited food selection. Just a couple of pre-made sandwiches. We ended up having to walk to the Boardwalk Bakery to get a decent lunch (which isn't that close of a walking distance). We were on the dining plan at the time, so going back to our room and using our kitchen wasn't the best option for us.

2) I'm not a fan of the main pool. It's a little dated and needs some refurbishment.

3) The bus transportation at that time was always packed and dragged on. The Boardwalk was always the first to be picked up...and the last to be dropped off. Imagine constantly sitting through the Swan and Dolphin stops as well as the Beach and Yacht Club stops....The ride to DTD was horrible, packed, and took an hour. Hopefully they do not stop at all of those resorts anymore and improved their bus route!

Edited: 10 August 2012, 15:48
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

We always got off at the Dolphin and walked the sort walk across to the Boardwalk in the evenings.

Homer Glen, IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

We've done that a few times as well, but it was still inconvenient having to get off at a resort that wasn't yours and having to walk because the bus took so long :p

Luckily the boat transportation is great and the location to Epcot cannot be beat.

Edited: 10 August 2012, 17:36
Homer Glen, IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

If you're interested in reading my full review on the Boardwalk Villas: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d3161…

I reviewed it by categories.

You'll have a blast!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

We really enjoyed the Boardwalk resort area. The only down side was the limited availibility of "Counter Service" options for breakfast as compared to other resorts.

10. Re: Boardwalk Condos next week.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16